Advanced

Re: Checker Request

[Resolved] Checker Request
October 08, 2023 12:16PM
Nifty Fifty #3: 50 Caches by 25 Different COs GCAF1EA

Challenge Qualifications: 50 Cache Finds on Guam by 25 Different Cache Owners

To the best of my knowledge, I fulfill this challenge.
October 08, 2023 01:02PM
Hello guamgirl46,

I suspect that your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will deny this Challenge on review, citing this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.

Accordingly, I would ask that you discuss with your local Community Volunteer Reviewer before we proceed with the creation of a Challenge Checker for your cache.

Thanks,
Hügh
October 09, 2023 12:33AM
I changed the cache requirements. I believe this should be more satisfactory.
October 09, 2023 02:00AM
If you’ve changed the requirements, please post them here. I am not a Reviewer on Geocaching.com and so I cannot see unpublished cache listings.
October 09, 2023 08:01AM
Sorry, thought I had posted the changes. Here they are.

GCAF1EA Nifty Fifty #3: 50 Caches on 5 Days in 2 Months

Challenge Qualifications: 50 total cache finds on Guam with at least 5 cache finds on each of 5 different days in 2 different months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2023 11:57AM by guamgirl46. (view changes)
October 09, 2023 01:26PM
Unfortunately I suspect that your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will deny this Challenge on review too, citing this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example: find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.

Accordingly, I would ask that you discuss with your local Community Volunteer Reviewer before we proceed with the creation of a Challenge Checker for your cache.
October 10, 2023 02:14AM
Double checked Challenge requirements. As I understand the requirements, this should be satisfactory.

GCAF1EA

Nifty Fifty #3: 50 Finds on Guam on 10 Different Days of the Year

Challenge Qualifications: 50 total cache finds on Guam with at least 5 cumulative finds on each of 10 different calendar dates. The number of finds on each calendar date is cumulative over the years.
October 10, 2023 03:36AM
I would think that that probably still doesn't meet guidelines, since it says: "(Not Acceptable) Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative." So five on a date, though cumulative, doesn't meet this guideline.

You could do something like "find a cache in Guam on fifty distinct dates", though.
October 10, 2023 06:36AM
Does this not comply with the examples given under the challenge rules?

2.12. Challenge caches
9. Time-Limited
Finding some number of caches per month, provided the number is cumulative over all years.
Example: 100 finds in Januarys.

Finding some number of caches per day of week, provided the number is cumulative over all years.
Example: 100 finds on Mondays.

Additionally, Challenge cache criteria
○ must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com such as on the statistics page, cache
placement dates, types, attributes, souvenirs, etc.
○ must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com.

The information requested is easily available within one's Statistics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2023 06:44AM by guamgirl46. (view changes)
October 10, 2023 02:12PM
What the guidelines allow are time windows like “month” (“100 finds in Januarys, cumulative”) and “day of the week” (“100 finds on Wednesdays, cumulative”) but not “day”:

> NOT ACCEPTABLE
> Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative.

Of course, I am not a Reviewer for Geocaching.com, so your local Reviewer may disagree with me. You’d have to speak with them to find out. I speak here after having made thousands of challenge checkers and having seen which ones had to be deleted & re-made because a Reviewer said no. For instance I have seen “find 25 caches on Christmas Day” be denied for exactly the guideline I quoted above, since that’s more than one find on a calendar date.
October 10, 2023 05:27PM
@guamgirl46

The issue is that your proposed challenge is more similar to the guideline Hügh previously quoted for you:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example: find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.

If you think about it "5 caches for 365 dates" and "5 caches for 10 dates" is just different levels of the same challenge.
October 10, 2023 10:29PM
I really don't see the difference, but will the following work?

GCAF1EA

Nifty Fifty #3: 50 Finds on Guam on Mondays

Challenge Qualifications: 50 total cache finds on Guam on Mondays. The number of finds is cumulative over the years. The number of finds on each calendar date is cumulative over the years.
October 10, 2023 10:35PM
That should be good:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAF1EA/81709

Please test it, and let me know if it is as requested or if it requires further modification.
October 11, 2023 11:00AM
Checker works. Thank you very much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login