Advanced

Re: GCAFTY7 Type DT grid X 200 challenge

[Resolved] GCAFTY7 Type DT grid X 200 challenge
November 10, 2023 10:16PM
Hello sir or madam.
May I please have your help making a challenge checker?
The challenge for GCAFTY7 is to find at lest 200 combinations of difficulty and terrain across different types. Worded another way, fill at least 200 squares across the fizzy grids for all types. The various types include traditional, multi, unknown, event, earth, letterbox, whereigo, virtual, webcam, CITO, mega event, giga event, GPS maze, Geocaching HQ, Project APE cache, community celebration, Block party, HQ lost & found event, and locationless.
I know there is a specific list of terms wanted for rarer types but I cannot recall. For example, 'lost and found events' I think are now called 'community celebration events'.
Qualifying finds can be hidden any date, found any date, any location, and be any size.

If possible, can you include the classic DT grid layout for each of the types?
There is a good amount of the code already written up for many of the types on this checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges//71154

It should end up looking something like this, but with more types included:

Many thanks for your time and help making this checker.
-Ladderguy
November 12, 2023 12:14PM
I can not find a solution, this request might need a new script or a script extension
November 12, 2023 04:22PM
Just needed slight modifications to my checker script...

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTY7/82698

It will only print fizzy grid for types on which you have at least one find... so for example, you have an HQ/APE fizzy printed out... but I don't, because you've found at least one of those, and I haven't. It's easy to print out all the types (ie. with empty grids), if you'd prefer that.

Test it out and let us know.
November 13, 2023 01:06AM
OH boy oh boyo. That checker is amazing. Bmuzzin you have done it again. The checker worked for both positive and negative tests on a data set of more than 10 each. The various type DTs behaved as expected and matched the data I had collaborated over the past few weeks - google spreadsheets all the way.
That is a fantastic touch to have empty type DT grids not display and makes for a super clean look. NICE! The summary at the top is great and having a breakdown number for each type is really nice for a quick glance.
The GC code is correct, the links between cache page and checker page work, the red and green numbers behave as expected. all looks to be on the up and up.

Thank you so much!

If you're interested, I have more similar challenges coming out that hopefully won't require much adjustment from this one. I don't really know, I have no idea how to code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login