Advanced

Re: Need a checker for GCAGDZQ The Great Swamp Challenge

[Resolved] Need a checker for GCAGDZQ The Great Swamp Challenge
November 15, 2023 07:32AM
Hi,

I need a checker that requires a cacher to have found 20 caches in Florida, 17 caches in Louisiana, 11 caches in Minnesota, 8 caches in New Jersey, 8 caches in South Carolina, 7 caches in Michigan, 7 caches in Delaware, 6 caches in Wisconsin, 5 caches in Georgia, and 5 caches in North Carolina. That's a minimum of 94 caches required to qualifiy for this challenge. Any cache type counts except Locationless and Adventure Labs.

In addition, 1 find in Alaska can be used in place of any State that they don't have enough cache finds for in the requirements above.

As an example, the cacher could have all the required numbers above in 9 of the 10 states, but in Florida they only had 15 finds, which wouldn't qualify. But if they have 1 find in Alaska, they would still qualify. The 1 find in Alaska can only satisfy the requirements of 1 of the 10 States needed for the challenge.

Thanks,

-Erich (VeteranTributes)
November 15, 2023 01:05PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAGDZQ/82835

Please test and reply
November 15, 2023 05:57PM
I noticed that on the output of the checker, where it says how many the user has, the number they still need always shows as 0, whether they qualify on that state or not:

8 caches in South Carolina
4 User has 4 finds (0 needed) Filters:( excludeTypes (Locationless (Reverse) Cache) , region:South Carolina , country:United States)

I know Alaska is a Wild Card, and maybe that's what is throwing it off, but this person didn't have a find in Alaska either.
November 15, 2023 08:01PM
The checker is working on points with 1 point each cache find with a maximum points per State

The checker shows green when 94 points are reached
In your case its 95 points because you have all the States max points plus the wildcard Alaska

If a cacher missing a maximum with 1 point but has found the wildcard he still has green with 94 points

If a cacher missing a maximum with 2 points but has found the wildcard the checker remains red because he only has 93 points.

The (0 needed) is only there for calculation purpose
November 16, 2023 05:24PM
Thanks for the explanation.

The reviewer just sent me another message saying the output of the checker isn't excluding Adventure Labs. Is the "excludes locationless (reverse) caches" including Adventure Labs as a locationless type cache?
November 16, 2023 05:41PM
Adv Labs are not included by default

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2023 08:01PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
November 17, 2023 02:28AM
Perfect! All is well and everything works as intended!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

-Erich
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login