Advanced

Re: Requesting checker for GCAH044

[Resolved] Requesting checker for GCAH044
December 04, 2023 07:27AM
Hi there - could I please get a checker built that verifies if a cacher has filled in every day of their "mm/dd" hidden date calendar 4 times? The cache GC code is GCAH044.

Here's a number of caveats/clarifications for the challenge -
  • There are no restrictions on when or whatever order the caches are found in, so whatever dates the caches are actually found on is irrelevant and this is not a streak challenge in any way.
  • The year of the hide is irrelevant.
  • Benchmarks and lab caches are excluded from this challenge. All other cache types should be allowed.
  • Feb 29th is included in this challenge.
  • Duplicate finds can not be used for this challenge (ie you were able to log the same cache multiple times in the past but for the purposes of this challenge, a cache can only be "used" once for it).

I think that covers everything. If you have any questions or need more info, please let me know. I'm hoping the output will look much like the grid used in your profile stats on Project-GC.

I am already aware that I'm 3 days short from qualifying for the challenge myself. I'm working on that and won't publish till I have completed it. I'd like the checker built now also so I can also verify how many other local cachers qualify for the challenge.

Thank you.
December 04, 2023 10:50AM
I'm sorry but your challenge criteria is not allowed

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example: find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.
December 04, 2023 10:55AM
Interesting. However there is no time limited aspect to this challenge. The cacher can take as long as they want to complete it. And there are no specific streak or "order" requirements for it. This challenge is completely based on the mm/dd grid for caches' hidden date, not their found date.

I've already discussed this with my local reviewer and they have approved it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2023 10:57AM by sapien. (view changes)
December 04, 2023 11:49AM
Sorry I missed the "hidden" date aspect of the challenge

Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH044/83528

Please test and reply
December 05, 2023 03:55AM
Whew! You had me worried for a bit there. :-0 Thanks.

I've tested the checker and it looks good. I've tested it on a few cachers already and it appears to be running as designed. I was hoping to find some people 'on the bubble' to test out my caveats but I can't find anyone so far.

Please close this request as resolved. Thanks again for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login