Advanced

Re: 4x grid-related checkers

[Resolved] 4x grid-related checkers
January 07, 2024 09:32PM
Hello and happy new year!

Please could I have four related new checkers.

GCAJ5CE
To qualify, you need to have completed 5 DT grids, one from each of the following categories:

Complete a full DT grid of specific cache types, such as Trads, Multis, Mysteries, etc.
Complete a full DT grid on a specific day of the week (but can be across multiple weeks, months, years), such as Monday, Tuesday, etc.
Complete a full DT grid in a specific month (but can be across multiple years), such as January, February, etc.
Complete a full DT grid of a specific cache size, such as Micro, Small, Regular, etc.
Complete a full DT grid of a specific attribute, such as Challenge, Parking nearby, Dogs allowed, etc.

To be clear – this does not relate to your main grid – you do not have to have 5 full DT grids, it is possible to achieve with fewer.

GCAJ5CT
To qualify, you need to have completed 10 of the following DT grids, including at least one from each of the categories:

Complete a full DT grid of specific cache types, such as Trads, Multis, Mysteries, etc.
Complete a full DT grid on a specific day of the week (but can be across multiple weeks, months, years), such as Monday, Tuesday, etc.
Complete a full DT grid in a specific month (but can be across multiple years), such as January, February, etc.
Complete a full DT grid of a specific cache size, such as Micro, Small, Regular, etc.
Complete a full DT grid of a specific attribute, such as Challenge, Parking nearby, Dogs allowed, etc.

GCAJ5DZ
As above, but... To qualify, you need to have completed 15 of the following DT grids, including at least one from each of the categories:

GCAJ5H6
As above, but... To qualify, you need to have completed 20 of the following DT grids, including at least one from each of the categories:

Thank you always for the time and effort you put in to supporting the game.

RubyShoos
January 07, 2024 10:55PM
Because of the part "Complete a full DT grid of a specific attribute, such as Challenge, Parking nearby, Dogs allowed, etc" this needs a script extension
January 07, 2024 10:59PM
Sorry for making this difficult. I know there are checkers for all of the component parts, sorry if combining them is a pain.

And thank you :-)
January 08, 2024 03:14PM
January 08, 2024 05:08PM
Hi DrAcorn

Thank you very much for your work on this. I have tested a couple of people and the checker is reporting back different numbers than my research using individual checkers for the above types of grids. The discrepancy seems to be on the attribute grids. For example, using this checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAGDD3/82796 reports that I have found 17 full 'Attribute' grids, and Amberel has found 20.

The checker for the 20 grids that I requested ( https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ5CE/84480 ) reports that I have found 5 Attribute grids and Amberel has found 6.

Is the search capped once the criteria are fulfilled? I don't think so, as my research showed that I had all criteria and a total of 32 qualifying grids, and Amberel had all criteria and a total of 44 qualifying grids. The checker for my challenge shows I have 20 and Amberel has 30.

Apologies if I have misunderstood the ways these checkers work. And thank you again for your time.
January 08, 2024 05:21PM
Hello again

Using the checker for 5 grids
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ5CE/84480
there are also some unexpected outputs.

If I test whether the cachers The Creepy Crawlies qualify, the text (in red) reports 'You have not found enough grids in total to qualify - you have 5 and needed 5.'

This is confusing because it suggests they have qualified (although the checker and the red text make it clear that they have not), but they have not because they do not have a complete month DT grid. But even more confusingly, the checker goes on to report a total of 11 completed grids in the other four categories (rather than the 5 implied in the text output).

I will continue to test and report back any other anomalies - again, apologies if this is my misinterpretation.
January 08, 2024 05:44PM
I have found a few more confusing outputs using the checker for 5 grids
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ5CE/84480

Here's an interesting one. If I use mpw246pl the checker text reports 'You have not found enough grids in total to qualify - you have 2 and needed 5.'

But the grids below show that he qualifies with

Types (1)

Days of the week (1)

Months (0)

Attributes (3)

Sizes (1)

So the 2 grids reported do not correlate to the number of criteria fulfilled or the total number of grids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 06:15PM by RubyShoos. (view changes)
January 08, 2024 06:23PM
You are amazing! I was just looking at some other friends' qualification and saw the fix that you had implemented on the output wording, then checked myself again and got credited with the full 32 grids :-D

This is brilliant. I will give the 10, 15 and 20 checkers a quick bashing and confirm all is good there.

Really appreciated, thanks!
January 08, 2024 05:52PM
Using the checker for 5 grids https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ5CE/84480 here's another interesting one.

For BaSHful the checker reports 'You have not found enough grids in total to qualify - you have 7 and needed 5.'

Grids below show

Types (3)

Days of the week (4)

Attributes (5)

Sizes (4)

OK - writing that, I can work out what is happening. It counts all the grids up to the fail point (months in both this example and for mpw246pl). Hope that helps.
January 08, 2024 06:19PM
Thank you for all your feedback - good job one of us has our wits about them!
The checker was not cycling around all the attributes, hence not counting them all (literally one character fixed this lol), and I've tried to make the output less confusing, I believe all working now :)
January 08, 2024 06:32PM
You are amazing! I was just checking some friends' qualifications and saw the changes you'd made to the output, which makes it much clearer. Then I checked my stats and was credited with the full 32 grids!

This is brilliant, I could not have asked for a better script :-)

I will just give the 10, 15 and 20 checkers a bashing and confirm that all is good.

Thank you so much - genuinely appreciated and in awe of your mad skillz ;-)

RubyShoos
January 08, 2024 06:41PM
All beautiful! I will drop them onto the cache pages.

A big thank you for all your efforts on these less-than-straightforward checkers - much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login