Advanced

Re: GCAJ67P Event challenge

[Resolved] GCAJ67P Event challenge
January 08, 2024 02:21PM
Hi, Could you please create a Checker for a challenge to have attended an event (any event type) on each day of the calendar year. Many thanks for all your hard work. Dawn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2024 03:55PM by The Creepy Crawlies. (view changes)
January 08, 2024 02:46PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ67P/84479

When you press a found date you can see which cache is used

Please test and reply
January 09, 2024 03:54PM
Hi, Thank you for that very quick response. I manually checked our finds from within GSAK and plotted against your chart and they do show the same. It actually highlighted a few dates when we had an event logged for the wrong date (and showing in GSAK) but the Checker picked up the date it should've been logged. So, we have corrected our GSAK database, thank you.

Would it be possible, please, to have an additional Checker (using the same GC code) which shows if a cacher qualifies for a bingo type challenge where they would have to have 4 complete rows across or down (eg a completed month or completed day of a month)? I'm assuming it would still show the whole grid but indicate whether or not they have the requirements.

Thank you so much, Dawn.
January 09, 2024 05:19PM
I have asked DrAcorn to look if can make a script extension on his Fill month (by jpavlik) extended script to accomodate your new request
January 09, 2024 06:09PM
Thank you very much.
January 09, 2024 07:29PM
I'll hopefully get time to do this within the next week :)
January 12, 2024 04:08PM
Here is a checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAJ67P/84587
Please say if this is good for you.
January 12, 2024 05:39PM
@DrAcorn - The checker needs the filter
"filter": { "types": [ "Event Cache", "Cache In Trash Out Event", "Lost and Found Event Cache", "Mega-Event Cache", "Groundspeak Block Party", "Giga-Event Cache", "Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration" ]}

And because of the wrong dates logging it should be based on hidden dates
January 12, 2024 06:41PM
Hi. I don’t think it is working properly as it doesn’t show the completed lines (across and down) where events etc have been found on those dates.

It showed, for us, that we qualify and one row of green down and across at the edges.

Thank you.

Dawn
January 13, 2024 02:12PM
Sorry, I didn't realise you just wanted events - your completed regular calendar was showing. Hidden dates have also been used now. Also, currently you can't use 30th or 31st to qualify as there aren't 12 months with those days, but let me know if you still want to count them if all the available months were filled.
January 13, 2024 10:54PM
Hi. I’d like the checker to show completed lines across and down. I can see there’s a problem with the 30th and 31st. Would it be better to revert to the original checker and let cachers decide for themselves if they qualify and add a screen shot of their qualifying rows?

Apologies as this is more tricky than I’d thought.

Thank you. Dawn
January 13, 2024 11:39PM
It currently does. The months or dates at the bottom or left of the grid show green when completed. The guidelines do require the checker to check the actual criteria of the cache, rather than cachers deciding for themselves. Hope this helps!
January 14, 2024 10:41AM
Hi. That’s working beautifully thank you. I’m happy with that.

Best wishes. Dawn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login