Advanced

Re: GCAKMWR 50 Challenge Jasmer months

[Resolved] GCAKMWR 50 Challenge Jasmer months
February 23, 2024 08:00PM
Hello Sir or Madam,

May I have some help building a challenge checker for GCAKMWR.
The challenge is to find challenge caches that were hidden on at least 50 unique jasmer months (year and month). To clarify, that means a challenge hidden November 2021 and 3 more hidden November 2023 would count as only 2 points and you need 50. It doesn't matter when you find them, what day of the month they were hidden, nor the location, difficulty, or terrain.

Please include a grid output showing the hidden months and years of challenge caches that the user has found. The hope is that it includes, not just the first 50, but ALL of hidden months someone has found a challenge cache from.
If it helps, this checker should have most of the needed code already written: https://project-gc.com/Challenges//23003

Thank you very much for your time and help.
- Ladderguy
February 23, 2024 09:27PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKMWR/85996

Please test and reply
February 23, 2024 10:44PM
Hi Vogelbird. Thank you for the quick response.

I didn't explain the challenge very well, let me try again.
Only caches with the challenge attribute qualify for this challenge.

The hope was to get a Jasmer GRID that shows only the months/years of caches with the challenge attribute found by the user. It should look something like this:

This isn't accurate to my stats, but it should give you an idea. Hopefully we only see unknown caches, since they're the only ones that are supposed to have the challenge cache attribute.

Thanks so much for your time and help!
Ladderguy
February 23, 2024 10:57PM
I have changed the config but we do not have a jasmer matrix that supports attributes and a fixed number of months
February 24, 2024 12:21AM
Hi there -

We do actually have a script that does this - I actually tried to get the exact same challenge published, using 120 months, but was denied in both Ontario and New York. According to the reviewers, anything other than the "standard jasmer" (or subset thereof) is not allowed (starting with my cache... because... ?). It doesn't violate any of the posted guidelines, they just like to deny me my challenges, so you might have better luck :)

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKMWR/86003

Note that the output *is* a grid... but not quite like the one you posted. I could add some options to the script to change the output, but that will take some extra time. Test it out and let us know.
February 24, 2024 11:20PM
checker 86003 works a treat.
vogelbird, thank you for laying the groundwork and getting things started. Bmuzzin, thank you for finding the jasmer matrix that supports attributes.

That checker works like an absolute dream. The GC code is correct and both links to the page and to the checker work as they should. The checker behaved as expected for a battery of over 50 usernames. The output is awesome at giving a grid output. It isn't the design I showed, it is even better. having numbers within each cell gives even more information about someone's accomplishments. Then the detailed listing below showing an example qualifying challenge cache for each Jasmer month that is LINKED. Very nicely done.

I did get permission from my local reviewer before spending any of your time, but I forgot to mention that in my request. I don't know why the reviewing grand high council coven designated my challenge publishable but not bmuzzin's. Mine was a smaller goal and I listed 10 local qualifiers, but you could have had local qualifiers in your message to the reviewers too. A mystery.

Thank you very much!
- Ladderguy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login