Advanced

Re: Challenges Challenge GCAKPE9

[Resolved] Challenges Challenge GCAKPE9
March 05, 2024 10:56AM
Hi
On reviewer feedback could this challenge be modified please.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKPE9/85852
Cloned from tag 4716
50 challenges challenge.

The current problem is with caches that have challenge in the title but arent actually challenges.

Would adding has to be a mystery cache and have the challenge attribute be the best option to eliminate this issue?

Thanks
March 06, 2024 05:58PM
Hi there -

I've tagged a new checker for you here, which checks for 50 challenge attributes. Adding unknown type isn't necessary, as HQ enforces that the challenge attribute is only added to mystery caches. There is the odd old challenge which doesn't have this attribute, for example, if it doesn't have "challenge" in the name, might have been missed when the attribute was added. Test it out and let us know.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKPE9/86244

I don't have the access to disable the other, although, I think if you cloned it, you should be able to do that yourself? (Having two checkers tagged on a cache isn't a huge problem - it's just if they search for your GC code on PGC, they'll get both).
March 06, 2024 06:12PM
I disabled the tag, it's against the guidelines to have multiple checkers tied to one cache page.

(For the record there has been bugs previously that allowed traditional caches to get the attribute so enforcing unknown cache type in the checker does make sense.)
March 06, 2024 07:45PM
Okay, I've added it the filter to be only Unknown types... although it doesn't make a difference - there are no caches in the world with the challenge attribute which are not Unknowns.
March 06, 2024 08:12PM
Currently no, but that would be because they have been reported and fixed. I've seen 14 traditional caches with the attribute since the attribute was introduced (I keep a list of those I report) and two of those were corrected today.
March 07, 2024 01:27AM
Thank you for adding the attribute requirement.
Is it possible to keep the output listing all the caches that qualify please?
March 07, 2024 06:56PM
Updated so now it prints out the qualifying caches.
March 08, 2024 05:23AM
Thank you.
I’m being picky now but the previous output listed all challenge caches found (with the name ‘challenge’ in the title). So for me 260 challenges. Which brought back good memories reading the list. Would it be possible to include this, not just the 50 qualifying caches.
Thanks for your time and effort.
March 08, 2024 10:15AM
Here is an alternative checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKPE9/86283

Please test this and reply
March 08, 2024 10:26AM
Thank you.
That’s great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login