Advanced

Re: Mysteries in a 30 day period

[Awaiting feedback] Mysteries in a 30 day period
March 14, 2024 12:01AM
Hi There,
I would like to request a checker for the following challenge.
GCAF0BY Joey Island Challenge No 3 (Southland) To qualify in any 30 day period select twenty of your mystery or challenge caches with the highest difficulty rating. Only one cache per day is permitted. Now add the degree of difficulty if the total is 61 you qualify.
My reviewer is happy with the challenge and I have done it. I have been told that it is possible to write the checker but it is time consuming. I can change the time period to a calendar month if it makes the checker easier to write. It does make the challenge harder.
Regards
Harry
March 14, 2024 09:38AM
I'sorry but this is not a valid challenge criteria

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.
March 14, 2024 10:10AM
Ok thank you for your response. What you are saying is that a mystery on any 20 days out of 30days is a streak and you can not refer to anything on the cache page in a streak. In this case the degree of difficulty.
Regards
Harry
March 14, 2024 07:38PM
Ok I made a checker but not completely as your description
Checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAF0BY/86425 has the following description
20 Unknown caches within 30 days with a minimum difficulty of 2.5 starsght

Totaling the difficulty is not possible with this script.

We do not want to spend a lot of time on this because H/Q might archive the cache based on art 13
"Restrictions on date of finds used for the challenge are not permitted".
March 14, 2024 08:53PM
Thank you for your help. I will go with this and amend my challenge to fit the checker. Your swift response is much appreciated.
Cheers
Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login