Advanced

Re: GCAP3KX - Thüringer Natur-Challenge - Das Wandern ist des...

[Resolved] GCAP3KX - Thüringer Natur-Challenge - Das Wandern ist des...
April 10, 2024 12:10AM
Hello,

I'm planning a short set of challenge caches. A first one should require finds of at least 25 multi caches with attribute "long hiking". Please can somebody provide a checker for that?

Thanks
Andreas (Thueringen-Natur)
April 10, 2024 03:28AM
Hi there -

You can use:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAP3KX/87201

Test it out and let us know.
April 10, 2024 04:30PM
Thanks very much for the checker. It works as expected. I have checked a number of GC names and I have seen, that only "long-hikers" meet the challenge. So that one is not so easy as expected and I should increase difficulty. Also I have checked a name which starts with a special character "*Abrax*" and this name wasn't accepted, but this may be a general issue. See profile https://www.geocaching.com/p/?guid=02ea6852-af06-40a5-923e-afd04204f410. But in general, everything is fine and I can proceed with the listing and placing the container in the middle of nowhere somehow...
April 10, 2024 04:42PM
I believe the issue with that user name is that they have opted out of sharing data with a third party, not that their name contains special characters. Testing the user name "* Anna *" it works without issues.
April 10, 2024 04:49PM
Interesting, "* Anna *" works and "*Abrax*" not. So I think he has to change his nickname in order to use the checker...But finally, I think you can mark this topic as resolved.
April 10, 2024 04:52PM
As I said, I don't think there's a need to change nick name, the issue is that the person has opted out of sharing information with third party services such as Project-GC. They need to opt in for that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login