Advanced

Re: Date puzzle challenge/checker

[Resolved] Date puzzle challenge/checker
April 12, 2024 11:10AM
As a first check of an idea for a new challenge, I have the following questions:
- is it compliant to the rules? (I think yes)
- is there already a checker? (I haven't found one)

Right now it's just to decide if it's worth to put more work on it. (At least to fulfill it myself)

The idea is based on the old GC3GBQJ but reduced to current challenge rules.

Challenge criteria would be:
- only type "Unknown cache" but NOT attribut "Challenge cache" are taken in account (i.e. something like "only real puzzles"; I know that not all challenges have set the attribute and e.g. bonus caches may be not a real puzzle)
- there has to be at least one day of month 1 to 31 ...
- ... the user has logged for every month January to December (regardless of year) at least one "puzzle"
- for months that are shorter than 31 days a found on the last day of the month counts for the "missing" days till 31st

Example for last criteria:
30.5.2024 counts for 30th (May has 31 days)
30.6.2024 counts for 30th, 31st (June has only 30 days)

28.2.2023 counts for 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st (28th is last day of month)
28.2.2024 counts for 28th (Leap year! 28.2.2024 is NOT the last day of month)
29.2.2024 counts for 29th, 30th, 31st (29th is last day of month)
April 12, 2024 11:45AM
An extension on the "Multiple test Checker" of bmuzzin might handle a checker for GC3GBQJ
April 12, 2024 12:04PM
Thank you for having a look on my idea.
As you haven't rejected the idea in principle, I assume that the challenge is compliant to the rules (reviewer has final decision) and the checker is feasible.

Right now I do not need any script. It was just a check if I could/should continue the idea.
I'll post a request as soon as I have created the listing and fullfilled the criteria myself (by end of the year?!).

Thank you
gadton42
April 12, 2024 12:38PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I think this might be possible without any changes. Regardless, it wouldn't be that difficult if it does need an extension. But, I'll wait until the "real" request is made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login