Advanced

Re: GC74ZX6 5000 D/T stars from multis and mysteries

ZQX
[Resolved] GC74ZX6 5000 D/T stars from multis and mysteries
May 02, 2017 04:55AM
Hi Project-GC challenge checker creators,
I just created GC74ZX6 - "5000 stars multis and mysteries challenge"
I have been working towards the following challenge for many months, and I now qualify. I would like to challenge other geocachers to achieve the same feat.

Are you able to write a checker that does the following:
Add up the difficulty and terrain stars for a cacher's multi finds and mystery finds, and see if the total is over 5000.

Detailed explanation:
For example, I currently have over 4400 D/T stars from mystery caches and over 600 D/T stars from multi caches, meaning that I qualify for this challenge, with over 5000 stars.

Someone who dislikes mystery caches might have 5000 D/T stars from multis, and 0 stars from mystery caches, and that's fine as far as this cache is concerned. That person would qualify. Similarly, a person with 5000 D/T stars from mystery caches would qualify regardless of how many multi caches they had found.

Only two cache types are to be included - multis and mysteries. All other caches types are excluded from this challenge.

Just to be clear about what I mean by "D/T stars": the minimum number of D/T stars for a geocache is 2 (where difficulty = 1 and terrain = 1) and the maximum number of D/T stars for a cache is 10 (where D = 5 and T = 5).

I hope this is clear. If not, please let me know. Thank you so much for volunteering to put together challenge checkers.

Regards,
Max (ZQX)
ZQX
May 02, 2017 04:57AM
I neglected to make clear that the caches for this challenge can be from anywhere in the world.
May 02, 2017 06:49AM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC74ZX6/26269

Please confirm that this is the checker you require
ZQX
May 02, 2017 08:17AM
That's great! Thank you. I've run several names of cachers (whose stats I know reasonably well) through the checker and I got the expected results.

I appreciate the quick turnaround on this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login