Advanced

GC30M86 Berkshire County Town Challenge request

GC30M86 Berkshire County Town Challenge request
May 10, 2016 02:52PM
Requesting a checker for GC30M86 Berkshire County Town Challenge.

There is one for the Massachusetts County Challenge, GC19QJC, so this would seem doable I'd think.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 02:54PM by Bumble!. (view changes)
Re: GC30M86 Berkshire County Town Challenge request
May 10, 2016 03:29PM
There is a big difference and that is that pgc has border polygon for counties and they are pre calculated for the caches.
For the "Berkshire County Town Challenge" there has to be polygons for the cities and towns.
Do they exist on open street maps? If they do are they correct? Else they have to be created.

Then they can be extracted and used in the polygons checker. I have never done that but is suspect someone know how to do that automatically.
May 10, 2016 03:39PM
Json files in OSM level 8 level available so checker will be made and json uploaded to the system. This will take a few day so be patient
May 10, 2016 04:02PM
Forgot to read a condition
"Event Cache - Since part of the challenge is to meet other cachers, Exactly ONE of your caches MUST be an Event Cache (only one - no more, no less)."

The polychecker has no option to select only one event so an event has to be manually edited in by the cacher

Please check with the owner of the challenge what to do.

Just creating a checker will tell cachers that they qualify while they have not attended an event in one of the places
May 10, 2016 04:13PM
Great!

Yea, the other Massachusetts county challenge is the same. Easy enough to substitute an event for one of the spots after the checker has run.
May 13, 2016 02:54PM
The checker is released but not attached to the challenge pending agreement of the cache owner. The owner is contacted and I'am waiting for a responce.

In the meantime the link is http://project-gc.com/Challenges//20323
May 17, 2016 10:58AM
I got the okay from the cache owners to proceed with the checker.
Here is the new link http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC30M86/20323
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login