Advanced

Re: GC6K2PW Challenge: Do you know how to party?

[Resolved] GC6K2PW Challenge: Do you know how to party?
June 04, 2016 07:20AM
Hi! I'd like to request another challenge checker for a challenge cache I'm planning:

GC6K2PW

Requirements:

This challenge is about honouring certain geocaching milestones and anniversaries.

To meet the requirements, the average amount of those caches has to be at least 200 favourite points.

The following caches count towards this challenge:

- Milestones 100, 500, 1000 and each following additional 1000.

- The cache found on each anniversary of your first found log as stated in your gc-profile. If no cache was found on an anniversary, this counts as a zero, if multiple caches were found on such a day the cache with the most favourite points counts.

- If you log a milestone on an anniversary, the cache's favourite points count twice.

In my example (on June, 1st 2016):

milestone 100: GC2E039 - 37 FP
milestone 500: GC5W1AY - 114 FP
milestone  1000: GC50D76 - 439 FP
one year anniversary March, 15th 2016: GC50D76 - 439 FP
total 1029 devided by 4 = 257,25 FP
June 04, 2016 08:18AM
This would require a new script to be written.

Sounds very challenging!
June 04, 2016 08:19AM
I suspect that will not be approved
see the tevjen post in http://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,762 for specific date ie your first found date.
An that you take an avarge fp of caches. a new milstone found can result in you not qualified
guideline 14 not allowed

Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.
Please as an rewiever and post a reply even if is not allowed so the thread can be archived

And if it is approved the milestones will likly not work as you think
It would be the one listet on http://project-gc.com/Statistics/ProfileStats
That is auto created in log order. That excludes all lab caches and that i a large diffrece
I dont think gc.com exports themilestones in their api
June 13, 2016 01:40PM
I just finished "negotiations" with my reviewer: Apparently he has no second thoughts about the tevjen matter or Guideline 14. He deems the requirements to be to complex and confusing for some members. So - and with the fact in mind that milestones get screwed up by lab Caches - we decided it would be best to just concentrate on the anniversary Caches and leaving out those milestones completely.

Resulting in the following requirements:

This challenge is about honouring certain geocaching anniversaries.

To meet the requirements, the average amount of favourite points of certain caches has to be at least 250.

The following caches count towards this challenge:

The cache found on each anniversary after your first found log as stated in your gc-profile.

If no cache was found on an anniversary, this counts as a zero, if multiple caches were found on such a day the cache with the most favourite points counts.
June 13, 2016 02:06PM
There is a special case. What if your first found was on the leap day?
Is another day used or is cache only caches fount following leap day counted.

I would also say explicitly that it has to be a year or more since you first found and the current day is included if it is your anniversary.
Else there is a small problem what 0/0 and to specify what happens if you find the cache on your anniversary
June 13, 2016 02:11PM
Ok, I had not thought about leap day. I will consider this...

Would you mind to elaborate concerning the second part of your answer? I can't seem to grasp what you are trying to tell me, sorry. :-(
June 13, 2016 02:36PM
What happens if you have not yet had you geocaching anniversary? then you have 0 FP on 0 anniversary. and 0/0 is undefined.
And if you logg the challenge on you geocaching anniversary should that day be included in the calculation?
June 13, 2016 03:24PM
Okay, I would tend to say, leap day anniversary stays leap day anniversary as this can both be a pro and a con regarding this challenge (pro: fewer annivesaries = few fp-heavy Caches needed; con: some people would have to wait over 3 years to work towards this challenge). All in all I don't tink an additional special ruling is required. Let's keep it simple.

Speaking of simple - thanks for the explanation! To again keep it simple I would say the soonest date possible to log this challenge should be the day of your first anniversary. And logging this challenge on such a date should include it in the calculation.
June 19, 2016 07:02AM
This challenge is still labeled "awaiting feedback". Do you still need info?
June 20, 2016 08:22AM
I think this one is likely to need a new script.

The status is only updated when one of us moderators changes it and I think we may have missed changing this one.
February 07, 2017 07:42AM
Sorry for the resurrection of this ancient thread.

In order to get things going, I decided to use less complicated requirements.

There is an existing checker by the script name "on your geo-anniversary" e. g. @ GC6NW6F.

I need a checker like that with a requirement of 10 Geocaches (instead of 6) on anniversary dates.

Thanks & regards
Stephan
February 07, 2017 08:20AM
I have tagged it as requested: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6K2PW/24737

However, it says you have only found one matching cache. You need to qualify for your own challenge before you can have the cache published.
February 07, 2017 08:36AM
Great! Thanks a lot!

My anniversary is in two days and all is planned. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login