Advanced

Re: New tags / new checkers

New tags / new checkers
August 21, 2016 03:48PM
Hello,

i'm creating a series of 10 challenge caches and will need checker scripts. However, i can't tag or clone existing scripts, the buttons don't work.

A long time ago i had asked for sandbox access to write new scripts for a new idea of a challenge but i never received any reply.

For 9 of my caches, i have found the existing scripts that i need, i just need to know how to create a version for my caches. For the last one, i need to write some code for a new script.

Arnaud.
August 23, 2016 03:23PM
Have you tried posting in the Checker request forum to see if anyone can help you creating the 9 tags and the script?

Our intention has been to allow new script creators for a long time now. We have however been forced to prioritize other matters which I can not go into details about right now.
August 26, 2016 12:50PM
Hi,
i have no problem creating the tags or writing code. The problem is that i can't access the feature. I don't want to give work to others if i can do it myself.
Arnaud.
August 26, 2016 12:52PM
Another problem is that i can't request a tag for a cache that is not published. And a challenge cache can't be published without a checker.
August 26, 2016 12:57PM
Yes you can do that. Everyone else does ask for checkers on unpublished caches.
Include the GC code and the requirements in the post and it will be created if possible

You can create checkers yourself if they are identical with a existing checker. You can use the clone tag button on the checker page.
But remeber you cant edit any parameter
August 26, 2016 01:43PM
Some can be cloned, some need to change parameters, one requires a new ULA script.

OK, i'll move forward and create the pages to get the GC codes. But it would be easier to be able to tag myself or upload my own ULA to the sand box.

Arnaud
August 26, 2016 02:17PM
New taggers ans script writers are not accepted now. I have not idea when it might be because I am not involved in PGC that way.
Create the cache listings and ask for checkers in the forum. It it is not obvious tag you can include a link to a similar that need a change You always need to create the linsting first because the cache need a GC code

You could always include a script in the post but is will be hard to code correctly if you cant test it.

The documentation is http://project-gc.com/forum/list?7 and the api is http://project-gc.com/doxygen/lua-sandbox/classPGC__LUA__Sandbox.html
Notice that standard LUA functions are renamed because of name collision problem in creating the sandbox
I assume that you know that you can reed the code for all current scripts online
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login