Advanced

Re: Is it possible to tweak the wording on the output

Is it possible to tweak the wording on the output
October 13, 2016 07:47PM
GC6P393: Ten-Ten-Ten Challenge
The output on my challenge when not qualified is confusing cachers. I have had a couple of emails to say can they not qualify just because it takes too long. At present this is the wording

Actually, we don't know whether you meet the challenge or not. We tried for a while, but eventually gave up to avoid abusing Project-GC system resources. While we tried, we found 9 caches out of the 10 you need. You may or may not meet the challenge. Even if you were to meet the challenge, these 9 may or may not be part of the solution.

and although it may be correct it would be better if the output could just say something like this.

We have been unable to find qualification caches for this challenge. We found 9 caches out of the 10 you need. These 9 show a sample combination which could be used as part of the solution.

Thank you for your help.
October 13, 2016 08:21PM
Why change the wording from a correct to an incorrect version?
I would suggest that you add an explanation on the challenge page
There is only one person that can change the script SeekerSupreme and I would suggest that you contact him directly

The problem is that it is a problem with you need to find a combination with 3 different parameters should be unique. The number of combination very large.
It can be quite easy to find a ok combination but it is hard to show that there are none.

I would suggesting adding a link the tool below. I think it is useful tool to complete the challenge
http://project-gc.com/Challenges//23003
October 13, 2016 08:31PM
Thank you that link is very helpful. I will add it to the cache page and contact seeker supreme as you suggest.
October 18, 2016 11:02PM
This has now been sorted out and the output has been adjusted by seekersupreme.
Thank you for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login