Advanced

Project-GC Challenge Checker Difficulty Rating not working?

Project-GC Challenge Checker Difficulty Rating not working?
April 17, 2023 07:11PM
Hi there,

I recently published 3 new challenge caches. Normally after about 2 weeks (or sooner), the challenge difficulty rating (the skull and crossbones number) auto-populates. It's been about 3 weeks now since I've published and still none of my checkers have a rating yet. I also checked another recently published challenge as well; same problem. Just curious if there is something going on.

Thanks.
Re: Project-GC Challenge Checker Difficulty Rating not working?
April 19, 2023 12:14PM
For the challenge difficulty to be calculated the system requires that the checker has been run successfully at least 1000 times. This includes runs from our background services, the so called auto-challenge-checkers. So 1000 isn't a lot, normally. The three challenges you have published recently seem to have 800-900 each. This is low after such long time.

The difficulty calculations are done once per day. So after having 1000 runs it might take another 24-25 hours until the rating is there.

The reason seems to be that 8 out of 10 processes for running checkers were standing still, and we haven't noticed. I have restarted the jobs, and I have also added them to out newer monitoring system. We should receive alerts if they are standing still for too many hours now.

If you don't see any skulls in the next 1-2 days, feel free to either reply here, or open a support ticket. If the later, please copy a link to this forum thread so we know what it's about.
Re: Project-GC Challenge Checker Difficulty Rating not working?
April 23, 2023 06:11AM
Still no skulls now after 3+ days since your reply so I'll log a service ticket now.

Thanks for following up. It's always interesting to learn how things work in the background.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login