Advanced

Re: Full moon checker

Full moon checker
October 29, 2023 04:12PM
Will someone check up on this checker?
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAA0B4/78530

Does the code work?
I believe I have fulfilled, for the last 6 dates.
It is showing 4, from another year. So the best result is not shown and will the code work for 12 dates?

Thanks in advance.
October 29, 2023 07:07PM
I agree that you have the six latest dates logged when looking at MapCompare, and the script is hardcoded with the dates up until 2100 so that shouldn't be the issue. You could contact the scriptwriter bmuzzin and ask them to look into the bug but considering that the challenge isn't publishable I wouldn't expect anybody to spend too much time on it.

It does work for me tho, so either the issue is with "bad output for failed result" or something else related to not fulfilling the challenge.
October 29, 2023 08:49PM
Thanks.
Why is the challenge not publishable?
October 29, 2023 09:16PM
Since there are zero published challenges on that script that uses the full moon-function the reasonable conclusion is that it's not publishable because it's not from lack of trying.

Also it's a "month-streak" that limits what cache-types that can be used, that's two things that are not allowed for streaks according to the guidelines. (All cachetypes must be included and a streak is "one cache a day".)
November 02, 2023 06:47PM
FWIW, the bug here was fixed. While this particular one does violate the streak-restrictions guidelines, it's probably publishable, if you don't require consecutive full-moons (ie. streaks), or don't restrict the types.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login