Advanced

Re: Elevation coming up nil for new caches?

Elevation coming up nil for new caches?
April 21, 2024 03:13AM
I've got a few scripts that do elevation challenges... and I had a report that some users are getting errors when executing them. I looked into it, and it seems like the elevation reporting is coming up nil, even though it's requested in the fields. For example, for this cache: GCAPADQ, published today if you run any of the finders through an elevation challenge that doesn't explicitly check for nil as the elevation, it fails. (For example - this one https://project-gc.com/Challenges//70322, with any of the finders on that cache). It's not just that one though, it's several published in the last few days.

I've fixed my version of the multi-test checker script so it will just not consider caches with nil elevations - but wondering if this is a known issue?
Re: Elevation coming up nil for new caches?
April 22, 2024 03:25AM
This is known. Project-GC uses an external API for elevation data, which grants a limited number of queries per day. For unknown reasons, there was some faulty data (in the external service) and so a number of caches were assigned ridiculous elevations. When this was discovered those were bumped to the front of the queue so that the data could be corrected. As a result new caches have not been assigned elevations.

This should sort itself out within a couple days as the systems catch up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login