Advanced

Re: How do I add a checker link with image into mychallenge cache description

How do I add a checker link with image into mychallenge cache description
April 22, 2024 03:42AM
I got a nice checker for my challenge, but how do I add a checker link with image into my challenge cache description?
Thanks.
Re: How do I add a checker link with image into mychallenge cache description
April 22, 2024 11:31AM
At the checker page you click the button labeled "Link..", you'll get a pop-up that shows three different codes you can use. The third example is the most popular. Mark and copy the code from the example you want, paste this into your cache page. Remember to make sure that the button labeled "</> Source" is green before pasting the code to your page. Source-mode can be switched back after you've added the checker.
My new cache is GCAPRDT. It is a redux of GC9MTX2. I copied the original checker from GC9MTX2 into the new cache page and it works but it reverts back to the original challenge and has already confused a cacher. How can I get the old checker off and add a new checker? It is one of the County Century Challenges in Florida.

Thanks.
Re: I had to archive then move and resubmit my challenge cache - how do I get a new checker?
April 29, 2024 05:25PM
I'm sorry, I misread your original post. Here's a new checker you can use for your new listing. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAPRDT/87908

You should have requested a new checker for the new challenge, as you said, reusage will just cause confusion. Just add this new checker the same way I described above and remove the link you already have on your cache page and all should be fine. :)
I removed the old link. I went to link and then right clicked on the bottom of the 3 choices. I've tried most of the options. It copies to the cache page but doesn't connect to project GC. If I just go to Project GC and put in the cache number, it will check to see if one qualifies.

What am I doing wrong? I'm so sorry.
Re: I had to archive then move and resubmit my challenge cache - how do I get a new checker?
April 29, 2024 06:57PM
It looks like you've copied the image-part of the code only instead of the whole code block available under the "Link"-button. You need to mark and copy the whole code block next to the image you want.
April 29, 2024 07:01PM
Are you using this procedure
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login