To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: TheView
Change Date: November 09, 2018 10:11PM

Modify checker
I would like checker “https://project-gc.com/Challenges//27157” to be modified so that ONLY ONE Find is included with each month and date even though there are multiple Finds on that month and date with different GcCodes. For example, the checker is showing in its list for me, TheView, 48 geocaches whereas I really only have 45 because the Hidden and Found anniversary date should be counted ONLY ONCE regardless of the number of matches.
GC1MH6G 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6J 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6N. 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6R. 2009-02-08. 2-8
While these are indeed unique GcCode anniversary dates matches, only one should be included in the list count for qualifications because ONLY ONE geocache found on the anniversary date should be counted. The intent of the Challenge is to find only one geocache for each anniversary date of the year (366 finds).

Also it would be helpful to sort and show the Found column with just month and date. This will indicate more clearly the anniversary dates needed to qualify. Showing years allows the same month across many years which makes it more difficult to discern the month/day gaps to be filled. Presently, to accomplish the equivalent of this added feature, I am copying the checker output list to an excel like file, deleting the year and only showing the month and date in the Found column, and then sorting the Found column. Unfortunately, it is about as quick to copy and paste the data and delete the year than it is to seek from the checker list any additional qualifying item(s), particularly as the list grows larger.

Because a requirement for challenge caches requires that the cache owner qualify prior to seeking the challenge, I am using your checker to help me qualify before I request the Challenge geocache. Therefore I don’t have a GCCode yet and won’t have until I qualify. ( this is like what came first, the chicken or the egg

Original Message

Author: TheView
Date: November 09, 2018 10:03PM

Modify checker
I would like checker “https://project-gc.com/Challenges//27157” to be modified so that ONLY ONE Find is included with each month and date even though there are multiple Finds on that month and date with different GcCodes. For example, the checker is showing in its list for me, TheView, 48 geocaches whereas I really only have 45 because the Hidden and Found anniversary date should be counted ONLY ONCE regardless of the number of matches.
GC1MH6G 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6J 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6N. 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6R. 2009-02-08. 2-8
While these are indeed unique GcCode anniversary dates matches, only one should be included in the list count for qualifications because ONLY ONE geocache found on the anniversary date should be counted. The intent of the Challenge is to find only one geocache for each anniversary date of the year (366 finds).

Also it would be helpful to sort and show the Found column with just month and date. This will indicate more clearly the anniversary dates needed to qualify. Showing years allows the same month across many years which makes it more difficult to discern the month/day gaps to be filled. Presently, to accomplish the equivalent of this added feature, I am copying the checker output list to an excel like file, deleting the year and only showing the month and date in the Found column, and then sorting the Found column. Unfortunately, it is about as quick to copy and paste the data and delete the year than it is to seek from the checker list any additional qualifying item(s), particularly as the list grows larger.

Because a requirement for challenge caches requires that the cache owner qualify prior to seeking the challenge, I am using your checker to help me qualify before I request the Challenge geocache. Therefore I don’t have a GCCode yet and won’t have until I qualify. ( this is like what came first, the chicken or the egg