To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.

Changed By: day1976
Change Date: September 13, 2016 07:30AM

GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.
Hi, I am wondering if this is possible. I would like to do a new challenge on finding or owning 7 traditional caches, within Australia that are all at least 1500m above sea level and are all at least 50 kilometers apart from each other.

The caches can be current or archived.
The caches can have been found at any time.

I currently achieve this challenge with the following GCCodes GC4814R, GC4W9AY, GC4WCNA, GC47G6W, GC4G4YT, GC18D80 and GCT6WF with less than 1700 finds to my name.

I know of at least one other geocacher who currently also has achieves this challenge.

From my calculations, at the moment it is possible to achieve up to 13 different traditional in Australia that are at least 1500m ASL, and 50 kilometers apart from each other, with the option of one 14th , but that has been archived so I feel 7 is a reasonable ask, whilst still remaining sufficiently difficult.

Hope someone can help or maybe offer me some advice.

Original Message

Author: day1976
Date: September 13, 2016 07:29AM

GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.
Hi, I am wondering if this is possible. I would like to do a new challenge on finding or owning 7 traditional caches, within Australia that are all at least 1500m above sea level and are all at least 50 kilometers apart from each other.

The caches can be current or archived.
The caches can have been found at any time.

I currently achieve this challenge with the following GCCodes GC4814R, GC4W9AY, GC4WCNA, GC47G6W, GC4G4YT, GC18D80 and GCT6WF with less than 1700 finds to my name.

I know of at least one other geocacher who currently also has achieves this challenge.

From my calculations, at the moment it is possible to achieve up to 13 different traditional in Australia that are at least 1500m ASL, with the option of one 14th that has been archived so I feel 7 is a reasonable ask, whilst still remaining sufficiently difficult.

Hope someone can help or maybe offer me some advice.