To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: February 10, 2023 08:46PM

Re: GCA4N8H : 67 attributes by county challenge
As I understand it, the Challenge is:

[i]Find 67 geocaches. Each must be in a different (Minnesota) county, and have a different attribute.[/i]

So, one can construct a graph where the nodes are the counties of Minnesota and attributes on Geocaching.com, and then join a county to an attribute if a cache has been found, in that county, with that attribute.
(Because caches come form different counties, the "only one attribute can be used per find" can be disregarded.)

You then perform matching on this graph.

(I am surprised that no script currently exists for this.)

Original Message

Author: Hügh
Date: February 10, 2023 08:45PM

Re: GCA4N8H : 67 attributes by county challenge
As I understand it, the Challenge is:

[i]Find 67 geocaches. Each must be in a different (Minnesota) county, and have a different attribute.[/i]

So, one can construct a graph where the nodes are the counties of Minnesota and attributes on Geocaching.com, and then join a county to an attribute if a cache has been found, in that county, with that attribute.

You then perform matching on this graph.

(I am surprised that no script currently exists for this.)