To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: Checker for highest/lowest caches of countries/regions/county

Changed By: sm07
Change Date: August 17, 2023 08:56PM

Checker for highest/lowest caches of countries/regions/county
Requesting a checker script that would enable checking all of the following:
- # of countries with the country's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 3 - 6 - 12)
- # of countries with the country's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 3 - 6 - 12)
- # of regions with the region's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 5 - 10 - 20) (optionally, only from given country / countires)
- # of regions with the region's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 5 - 10 - 20) (optionally, only from given country / countires)
- # of counties with the county's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 10 - 20 - 50) (optionally, only from given country / countires ++ optionally only from given county+region/regions)
- # of counties with the country's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 10 - 20 - 50) (optionally, only from given country / countires ++ optionally only from given county+region/regions)

OBS - I stumbled upon this script https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&scriptId=7785&addTag "Generic Highest in N Regions" (by sloth96) which I thought I could modify to perform the above by forking it (my forked & edited version -> https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&tagId=80190) and rewriting some of the contents, and I got it to the point where regions vs counties and highest/lowest can be parameterized.

However, after fixing few bugs (empty/missing regions/counties) I still noted some errors I couldn't figure out and even worse I stumbled upon performance issues (several timeouts) while testing the execution of the script with rather simple parameters (one country only) and therefore - again - kindly requesting if there would be anyone interested in rewriting the whole code with a better algorithm.
OBS - I stumbled upon this script https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&scriptId=7785&addTag "Generic Highest in N Regions" (by sloth96) which I thought I could modify to perform the above by forking it (my forked & edited version -> https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&tagId=80190) and modifying some of its contents, and I got it to the point where regions or counties and highest or lowest settings can be parameterized.

However, after fixing also few bugs (empty/missing regions/counties) I still noted some errors I couldn't catch and what was even worse I stumbled upon performance issues (several timeouts) while testing the execution of the script with rather simple parameters (one country only) and therefore I'm kindly requesting if there would be anyone interested in rewriting the whole code with potentially a better algorithm that would avoid consistent timeouts.

Note: the condition for these challenges mentioned above have been checked through reviewers and they are allowed, and I have gccodes reserved for these.
Changed By: sm07
Change Date: August 17, 2023 08:55PM

- # of countries with the country's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 3 - 6 - 12)
- # of countries with the country's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 3 - 6 - 12)
- # of regions with the region's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 5 - 10 - 20) (optionally, only from given country / countires)
- # of regions with the region's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 5 - 10 - 20) (optionally, only from given country / countires)
- # of counties with the county's highest elevation caches found (e.g. 10 - 20 - 50) (optionally, only from given country / countires ++ optionally only from given county+region/regions)
- # of counties with the country's lowest elevation caches found (e.g. 10 - 20 - 50) (optionally, only from given country / countires ++ optionally only from given county+region/regions)

OBS - I stumbled upon this script https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&scriptId=7785&addTag "Generic Highest in N Regions" (by sloth96) which I thought I could modify to perform the above by forking it (my forked & edited version -> https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&tagId=80190) and rewriting some of the contents, and I got it to the point where regions vs counties and highest/lowest can be parameterized.

However, after fixing few bugs (empty/missing regions/counties) I still noted some errors I couldn't figure out and even worse I stumbled upon performance issues (several timeouts) while testing the execution of the script with rather simple parameters (one country only) and therefore - again - kindly requesting if there would be anyone interested in rewriting the whole code with a better algorithm.

Note: the condition for these challenges mentioned above have been checked through reviewers and they are allowed, and I have gccodes reserved for these.

Original Message

Author: sm07
Date: August 17, 2023 08:54PM

OBS - I stumbled upon this script https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&scriptId=7785&addTag "Generic Highest in N Regions" (by sloth96) which I thought I could modify to perform the above by forking it and rewriting some of the contents, and I got it to the point where regions vs counties and highest/lowest can be parameterized.