Advanced

Re: Is this possible?

[Cancelled] Is this possible?
May 27, 2017 10:39AM
I'd like to set a challenge requiring logging GC45CC a certain number of times. This was a favourite UK virtual which was relocated every couple of weeks before it was archived unceremoniously by Groundspeak recently. The cache could be multiple logged if one went to any of the previous locations; there are over 750 in total. My challenge would be that you have to have 'found it' a minimum number of times- say 10 for example. I don't know how your checkers work and whether this would be possible, but I really hope we can find a way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 10:48AM by Titus Adduxas. (view changes)
May 27, 2017 11:31AM
This is not possible for to reasons
a. Accoding to the guidelines it is not acceptable to use GCcodes please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
b. Groundspeak has made it, since a little bit more than a week, impossible to make a double logging
May 27, 2017 12:59PM
I know it's now impossible to double log, but this challenge is aimed as a tribute to one of the most favourited caches in the U.K. All our multiple logs still stand and several hundred people would qualify for it as it stands. It is if you like a retrospective challenge, and one of my Challenges with a twist, the Twist being that if you haven't already qualified, you won't be able to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 01:01PM by Titus Adduxas. (view changes)
May 27, 2017 01:08PM
Ask you local reviewer if this challenge is allowed because it is not in accordence with the guidelines
May 27, 2017 08:23PM
I doubt it will be acceptable. Challenges must be achievable by new cachers, by definition that isn't possible given the cache has been archived. There are also rules about the challenge not being based on a list of caches (or a specific cache).
May 27, 2017 08:33PM
Oh well - great shame.
May 27, 2017 10:23PM
I agree. It was a good idea just not allowed by the HQ rules.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login