Advanced

Re: Kloned challenge checker

[Resolved] Kloned challenge checker
November 14, 2016 02:05PM
Hi
I just made a KLON of an excisting challenge checker.

As its my first time I make a challenge checker I need to know if its okay.

My mystery cache is not yet published at geocaching.com - as I like to have the checker working first.
I prefer to discuss the checker thru PM´s or e-mail to keep the privacy before release.

I like to make a little change in the checker: The challenge must be fulfilled in year 2016 and not previous years - right now it check for all years. I fulfilled the challenge myself in 2016

Any suggestion what I do for now?

Best regards,
Henrik

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 02:07PM by jwwd. (view changes)
November 14, 2016 02:26PM
A cloned checker copies the checker exactly as is. The checker needs to be tagged if the requirements are different.

You can let us have the GC code and the checker you are cloning from (or the requirements) and a checker can be created.
November 14, 2016 02:30PM
Hi Chris

Thanks for your quick reply and great you will help out.

Can I send you link for my new Kloned checker, the original checker and the GC code for my unpublicshed Mystery in a PM?

Best regards,
Henrik
November 14, 2016 03:58PM
I suspect the "The challenge must be fulfilled in year 2016 and not previous years" will not be allowed if you read the guidlines
November 14, 2016 04:01PM
Hi and thanks for your reply

I like the checker to check from calenderyear 2016 and forward. ie. is the challenge fulfilled during calenderyear 2017 it should report ok.

Hope it does make sense?

Best regards
Henrik
November 14, 2016 04:16PM
Checker is made only the clone is waiting for removal
November 14, 2016 04:26PM
Please see item 13 in the Help Center article on Challenge Caches.

Acceptable: "Geocaches found before challenge was published can count towards the achievement of the challenge."

Not acceptable: "Restrictions on date of finds used for the challenge are not permitted."

If I found caches in 2015 or earlier that fulfilled the challenge requirements, I can log a find.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login