Advanced

Re: Checker request for GCA0D6E - An Every State/Province/Department Challenge

[Resolved] Checker request for GCA0D6E - An Every State/Province/Department Challenge
September 30, 2022 10:33PM
Cache Title: An Every State/Province/Department Challenge

Requires the user to find a cache in every top-level adminstative region (state, province, or department) of any country EXCEPT the United States. The region is the largest administative division for the country. For example ...
13 provinces + territories in Canada, 13 regions in France, 6 districts in Israel, etc. Only countries that have such regions defined in project-gc count AND there is a minimum requirement that the country must have AT LEAST three (3) top-level administative regions. So St. Kitts and Nevis would not be allowed for this challenge and it has only 2 top-level regions.

Can a checker be written for this ???
September 30, 2022 10:41PM
September 30, 2022 11:28PM
It appears to work. I can see it does exclude the United States. and it says my friend Czechsun who has all the states in Germany and Slovakia. Can you somehow confirm for me it's excluding countries with only 2 or less top-level regions such as Saint Kitts and Nevis? (I have no idea how many countries have 2 or less top-level regions). Not many I would think.
October 01, 2022 01:27AM
I am not sure what I can do to "prove" that the checker is excluding countries with less than 3 regions, however I will point out that this line is set in the configuration:

"minRegionsInCountry": 3

That line should allow only countries with at least 3 regions.

But just to double check, I ran a number of names of people with the most cache finds in Saint Kitts and Nevis, and for none of them did Saint Kitts and Nevis appear in the output.

I however notice that you yourself don't qualify. Your Reviewer will not publish your listing unless you yourself qualify.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2022 01:28AM by Hügh. (view changes)
October 01, 2022 01:53AM
ok we are good. and yes I don't qualify yet. I understand the rules. and thanks for that checker. you guys make it all so easy.
October 01, 2022 04:19PM
Can this checker be moved to GCA0DQG. That cache will be submitted by my caching friend Czechsun who already qualifies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login