To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Checker: average of 100 words or more.

[Cancelled] Checker: average of 100 words or more.
July 16, 2017 04:38PM
I would like to create a challenge cache, with the challenge task being that anyone who wishes to log the cache first has to get the Diamond badge for The Author on project GC. In other words; have an average of 100 words or more per logged cache.

The reason why I like to create this cache is to encourage people to write more detailed logs than just a “TFTC” or “Found it”. As a cache owner, I know how disappointing such short logs can be.

Can anyone make a checker for this challenge please?
Re: Checker: average of 100 words or more.
July 16, 2017 06:12PM
A checker is possible but we require a GCcode from you.
It's also not certain if your reviewer will publish a cache based on the average of 100 words therefor please ask your local reviewer if this challenge is acceptable
July 17, 2017 02:58AM
This would not be acceptable under guideline 10: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.
July 17, 2017 06:42AM
Bummer. In that case I will ask Groundspeak about their opinion, and if they can give me appeal for this challenge. You will hear from me as soon as possible.

Thanks for the information.
July 18, 2017 05:59AM
Well, I got a response from Groundspeak, and sadly, Sumbloke was right. This challenge violates the guidelines.

I withdraw my request for a checker. This topic can be closed off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login