To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[New script required] Checker request for GC1ZFYN Iowa Well Rounded Cacher (Fizzy Challenge)

Can I get a challenge checker please for GC1ZFYN Iowa Well Rounded Cacher (Fizzy Challenge)?

Requirements (from the cache listing):
1. Find at least one cache of every difficulty/terrain combination (81 unique combinations).
2. As part of those finds, you will need to have at least one find of 10 of the 14 cache types shown below (the different cache types count against the 81, so if you find a 3.0/2.5 multi cache, it fulfills both requirements).
--- Traditional Cache
--- Multi Cache
--- Mystery Cache
--- Virtual Cache
--- Project Ape
--- Letterbox Hybrid
--- EarthCache
--- Locationless
--- Webcam Cache
--- Event Cache
--- CITO Event
--- Wherigo Cache
--- Mega Event
--- GPS Adventure
3. Note of the 10 needed cache types, you’ll need to find at least one of the following somewhat rare/archived: Project APE, Mega Event, Locationless, GPS Adventure, or Whereigo. In the case of the Locationless caches, you can not log a now archived cache, but you can count a find made and logged before the Locationless caches were archived.
4. As part of your 81 caches, include a cache of every size; i.e., large, regular, small, micro, and not chosen.
5. Included in your 81 caches, find a cache placed in every year from 2000 through the current year (e.g., from 2000 to 2017 for a total of 18 caches).
6. Half of the Fizzy gird must contain caches prior to the publishing date (10/12/09) of this cache

Suggested output:
--- List of all 81 caches showing their D/T, type, size and year placed
--- Checkmarks to indicate at least 10/14 types found
--- Checkmarks to indicate all 5 sizes
--- Checkmarks to indicate all required years

I am NOT the cache owner.
Re: Checker request for GC1ZFYN Iowa Well Rounded Cacher (Fizzy Challenge)
April 29, 2018 11:39PM
Here is a checker which checks the conditions individually: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC1ZFYN/34505
There is a corner case where this checker could pass someone who can't put all conditions on different D/T ratings (e.g., they have exactly 10 of the types and two types only at the same D/T rating), but I'd say 99.9% of the time this checker would be accurate.
April 30, 2018 05:14AM
Can we get the script output (at least the example log) cleaned up such that it lists only the 81 qualifying caches and the required data fields for each one?

It's presently outputting one cache per month as "qualifying caches" along with a bunch of other details.

The checker is difficult to verify at this point without that output.
April 30, 2018 05:25AM
Oh, it shouldn't be giving that much output. I'll have to look into the code...

And no, I stated that it's not finding 81 caches which match all conditions exactly. It's checking the conditions individually. If an exact match is needed it will need a custom script which is not going to be reusable, so would be likely to be low on a script-writer's priority list.
May 03, 2018 12:45AM
Any update here?

If the checker is not properly validating the conditions of the challenge, then it should be untagged until correctly implemented.
May 03, 2018 12:48AM
Okay, I've disabled the tag which would be 99.9% accurate and it can stay untagged until/unless someone is willing to write a completely new script which has very little utility.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login