To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] GC80RWF Cacher Name Challenge

[Cancelled] GC80RWF Cacher Name Challenge
January 03, 2019 09:22PM
Hi...

I'm looking to create a challenge to find caches starting with letters and /or numbers of a Cacher ID. Depending on the cacher ID will determine what the search will provide. To qualify the caches must all have been found by the caches and the result will be a cache for each of the cacher ID letters/numbers, maybe include Cache name, GC code, and the Found Date

As an example, below is my list of qualifying caches for this challenge. In our case, our cacher name is LaDeBA.

L LAKE-VEGAS GC4E95 05/08/2011
a Arikaree GC31 06/20/2017
D DMPP Ecocache GCJ22T 08/06/2016
e Eiffel Tower GC9D67 05/08/2011
B Burnside Cache GC14B4 10/01/2010
A Alvin`s Phone Line GC9FF 09/24/2017

Thx for your assistance...

LaDeBA
Re: GC80RWF Cacher Name Challenge
January 03, 2019 09:43PM
Spelling challenges are no longer accepted. They violate rule 10 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Source of Criteria: Not Acceptable: These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
January 03, 2019 10:05PM
I'm looking for matching caches to the Cacher ID which is always viewable to everyone. So none of the elements you mention would be in violation of Rule 10. It does not say Spelling challenges are not accepted only these specific elements are not... I did find one or two challenges which actually look for specific cacher ID but in this case I want the cache search to key on the Cacher ID that is attempting the challenge.

THx LaDeBA...
January 03, 2019 10:27PM
You're building a word based on the cache titles, so yes, it violates rule 10. I repeat:

Source of Criteria: Not Acceptable: These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login