To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] contiguous counties

[Cancelled] contiguous counties
May 31, 2019 05:38PM
I had a checker built for 100 contiguous counties GC6TQ77 in 2017. I requested a checker for 150 contiguous counties which was approved and then canceled before I could submit a cache for review. As I recall the problem raised was with caches in counties touching at corners or caches with counties separated by water, rivers or lakes.

In looking at existing checkers it seems that regions (states) are permitted. For instance, one can have a checker for,say 25, contiguous regions. This requires contiguous counties to extend to the number of states specified. The output of the challenge checker does indicate the number of counties used. So, essentially, you do have the data on the number of counties used.

What is the current status of challenge checkers for contiguous counties?
Re: contiguous counties
June 04, 2019 03:06AM
Please cancel this topic, I received an answer by a different route which suggests that it is possible to request a checker based on the number of counties. Have not yet submitted that cache (GC88Y1N) for review, so need to pass that test. If you see GC88Y1N is active, the challenge is approved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login