To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] GC5XXW2 (not yet pub.) Calendar Options Challenge

[Awaiting feedback] GC5XXW2 (not yet pub.) Calendar Options Challenge
June 26, 2019 01:36PM
I'd love a checker to confirm Finders qualify for GC5XXW2 (as yet unpublished) based on the following criteria please:

1) Find 5 caches per calendar date for your whole 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.
Or
2) Find 10 caches per calendar date for 50%+ (183+ days) of your 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.
Or
3) Find 20 caches per calendar date for 25%+ (92+ days) of your 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.
Or
4) Find 50 caches per calendar date for 10%+ (37+ days) of your 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.
Or
5) Find 100 caches per calendar date for 5%+ (19+ days) of your 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.
Or
6) Find 200 caches per calendar date for one or more days of your 'Finds for Each Day of the Year' calendar.

Thank you!
Re: GC5XXW2 (not yet pub.) Calendar Options Challenge
June 26, 2019 02:33PM
Even though this is for an old GC code and a checker would have been trivial to implement, it being unpublished means that the new challenge cache guidelines apply and as such this challenge violates rule 9 of these guidelines:

Time-Limited: Not Acceptable: Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example, find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.
June 26, 2019 03:44PM
Aggh, I'd not picked-up on that rule. Thank you.
Having had a closer look at the guidelines, I see dropping option 1 as a possible option *should* allow publication. No single date is then required to have any finds at all.

I note an example of what is ok is "Finding some number of caches per month, provided the number is cumulative over all years. Example, 100 finds in Januarys." - Obviously to get 100 finds in across Januaries will require at least one date in January to exceed 1 find.

Since the "Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example, find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid." is incompatible with the above, it must mean a specific date, I think?
June 27, 2019 08:02AM
I'm fairly sure the same rule applies to each component of your challenge. Going to mark this one as New again to get responses from other people, but I suspect a reviewer will have to comment.
July 04, 2019 12:41AM
Bump.
Any update on this please?
July 04, 2019 12:54AM
I would suggest asking your reviewer if this challenge would be allowed under guideline 9. If you can come back to us with in principle approval of your challenge, you should be able to get a checker. But many of the taggers (myself included) are unwilling to work on a checker if we don't believe the challenge would be published.
July 04, 2019 09:12PM
Thanks again. I'll approach a Reviewer and see what they think.
October 08, 2019 12:57PM
This thread has not received any further response from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login