To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] GC5JA31 Lumberjack Challenge

[Cancelled] GC5JA31 Lumberjack Challenge
January 28, 2022 12:01AM
GC5JA31 Lumberjack Challenge

I am not the cache owner.

Challenge rules:
  • Record at least 75 finds where you were the first logger that year, where the cache was active before the beginning of the year. Past and present first loggers will count.
  • A first logger is ANYONE who finds the cache on the first day that cache was found that year.
  • Note that a first to find (FTF) does not count, unless the cache was placed in a previous calendar year and found for the first time in a new calendar year. In that case however, anyone who finds the cache on that day qualifies as a first logger for that cache.
  • Event caches (Events, CITO, Mega, Giga, etc.) do not qualify for this challenge.
  • You cannot use this cache to meet the challenge itself
  • Please post your qualifying cache GC codes and found dates when you log this cache as a find.

Examples
  • Cache was placed December 27, 2014. FTF on December 28, 2014. Three people find this cache on January 3, 2015. The FTF of December 28 does not count as a first logger in 2014, but the three finds on January 3, 2015 all count as first loggers.
  • Cache was placed December 27, 2014. FTF on January 3, 2015. Three other people find the cache that day. All four people can count that find as a first logger.
  • Cache was placed on January 3, 2010. FTF on January 4, 2010. Three other people find the cache that day. Two more people find the cache a year later, on January 4, 2011, another on January 5, 2011, and another on January 3, 2012. The only people who qualify as a first logger are the two that found the cache on January 4, 2011, and the one who found the cache on January 3, 2012.

Hopefully a checker can be produced for this challenge. For the past 1.5 years, finders have been using an unrelated challenge checker to say they qualify. (I know, CO's responsibility, etc. I've reached out to them).

Thank you!
Re: GC5JA31 Lumberjack Challenge
January 28, 2022 02:47PM
A 'Challenge' which is connected with other cacher's logs cannot be checked by the checker system of PROJECT-GC.

So as far as I know the checker cannot determine if a cacher were the first logger that year
Re: GC5JA31 Lumberjack Challenge
January 29, 2022 12:11AM
OK. Thanks! You can archive this request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login