To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Challenge request "Country compass" (is it allowed?)

[Awaiting feedback] Challenge request "Country compass" (is it allowed?)
August 18, 2022 10:47AM
Hello,

I got an idea to make a "Country compass of Estonia challenge" where you need to find the furthest caches in one country. Would it be allowed in any way? If yes, then I'd continue and get a GC code.

One idea would be to specify 1-2 caches in each direction that has to be find (or hidden as it would not be possible to find your hidden cache). All these caches are as far as they can be by borderlines and mostly maintained by whole community.

By this first idea the challenge request would be like this:
1) North - found or hidden GC9DCDD or GC91CP4
2) East - found or hidden GC56WTE or GC7RRN4
3) South - found or hidden GC573C6
4) West - found or hidden GC7WWNA or GC8XNF2
5) NorthEast - found or hidden GC1A35C or GC88JTF
6) SouthEast - found or hidden GC1WPHJ
7) SouthWest - found or hidden GC6Q0WC or GC6T8B6
8) NorthWest - found or hidden GCPRJ9 or GC7B29R

Second idea would be to specify that you need to find caches in Estonia that are between certain coordinates.
For an example:
1) North - found or hidden between N59.8165 and N59.8195
2) South - found or hidden between N57.5095 and N57.5099
3) And so on with other directions. Please let me know if this version would be allowed and I'll finish specifying.

Thanks for any feedback! Hopefully it would be allowed and I could go forward with it.
Re: Challenge request "Country compass" (is it allowed?)
August 18, 2022 05:16PM
I'm sorry but this is not allowed

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
and
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). Examples: user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
Re: Challenge request "Country compass" (is it allowed?)
October 06, 2022 02:04PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login