To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Lonely geocaches

[Cancelled] Lonely geocaches
January 14, 2023 02:35PM
GC Nr.: GCA3AVR

Hallo zusammen, ich benötige für meinen Challenge-Cache folgende voraussetzung die man prüfen kann.
Ein einziger Log von Veröffentlichung bis Archivierung

Hi all, I need the following requirement for my challenge cache that can be checked.
A single log from publication to archiving

Ich bedanke mich schon im Voraus für Eure Hilfe.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Lonely geocaches
January 14, 2023 05:04PM
Es tut mir leid, aber ich glaube, dass diese Challenge die Challenge-Richtlinien nicht erfüllen wird.

Bitte lesen Sie
10. Quelle der Kriterien https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=926#criteria
Challenge-Cache-Kriterien müssen auf der Art des Logs aufbauen, nicht auf dessen Inhalt.
und
14. Positive Challenge-Kriterien https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=926#positiveCriteria
Nicht Zulässig
Wettbewerbe statt Herausforderungen: Eine Challenge basierend auf der Anzahl von “First to Find”-Logs oder Funden auf einsamen Caches ist ein Wettbewerb.
January 14, 2023 06:13PM
Danke für deine Antwort. Hier habe ich einen Originalauszug aus der Mail vom Reviewer.

Hallo Patchwork-Cacher,

vielen Dank für das Einreichen dieses Listings.

Aus den Challenge Guidelines:

Challenge cache pages must include a link to a web-based challenge checker.

Bitte noch den Checker einbauen.

Ich denke, würde was mit der Art und Weise nicht stimmen hätte es mir der Reviewer gesagt.

Es geht bei der Challenge darum, zwischen Veröffentlichung und Archivierung des Caches als einziger im Logbuch zu stehen.

Es ist keine FTF Challenge

Thank you for your reply. Here I have an original excerpt from the mail from the reviewer.

Hello Patchwork Cacher,

thank you very much for submitting this listing.

From the Challenge Guidelines:

Challenge cache pages must include a link to a web-based challenge checker.

Please add the checker.

I think if there was something wrong with the way the reviewer would have told me.

The challenge is to be the only one in the logbook between the publication and archiving of the cache.

It is not a FTF Challenge
Übersetzt mit DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation
January 15, 2023 10:53AM
Dieses Thema ist als neues Skript erforderlich gekennzeichnet. Aber ich denke immer noch, dass dies ein negatives Geocaching-Ziel darstellt
January 17, 2023 03:13AM
While I applaud trying to come up with creative challenges, I don't see how this one would be acceptable.

It violates a specific example of rule #10 - "Requiring cachers to log caches that are disabled or archived." You're saying that you need to have a log on an archived cache, and that you be the only person that logged it. While I think MANY of the challenge rules are... ... stupid, to me this one makes sense. ie. To help me pass your challenge, I could FTF a cache and then destroy it, trying to get the CO to archive it so I can be the only finder. Also, by definition, to be the only logger, you would need to be the FTF, and thus, that violates #14 as well.

While the reviewer hasn't specifically denied it, I've seen several examples recently where caches are published, and then retracted (including one of my own), along with others based on the same checker script. In addition. HQ seems to be cracking down on disallowed challenges, so even if your reviewer accepts it, if another CO tries to use the same script and their reviewer denies it, and HQ is involved, they may archive your challenge in that process.
January 17, 2023 07:35PM
Danke für Eure Hilfen, Erörterungenund die bis dahin investierte Zeit.

Ich denke, das Thema und die ganze Aktion kann nun geschlossen werden.

Ich habe in den letzten Tagen wieder viel über Geocaching gelernt. Ob positiv oder negativ überlasse ich Euren eigenen Gedanken.

Habt alle eine Gute Zeit und ein tolles 2023.

Thank you for your help, discussions and the time invested until then.

I think the topic and the whole action can now be closed.

I have learned a lot about geocaching in the last few days. Whether positive or negative I leave to your own thoughts.

Have all a good time and a great 2023.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login