To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Checker Request: GCAAWHR Three Birthdays in Three States

[Cancelled] Checker Request: GCAAWHR Three Birthdays in Three States
July 04, 2023 06:48PM
The challenge is to find three caches on their birthday, that is the same day of the year on which they were hidden. Additionally all of these caches must be in different states and each birthday must be different.

For example: GC4BQEX was hidden on May 9, 2013 in Nevada and I found it on May 9, 2016 (3rd birthday), GCWJVT was hidden on June 13, 2006 in Utah and I found it on June 13, 2013 (7th birthday), and GC446A was hidden on March 22, 2002 in Iowa and I found it on March 22, 2012 (10th birthday).

Event caches (found on the same day they were hidden) are not eligible as birthday caches. The birthday must be a positive value.

Thank you.
Re: Checker Request: GCAAWHR Three Birthdays in Three States
July 04, 2023 07:26PM
Please contact your reviewer because of the instruction I received not to issue birthday checkers, HQ sees this criteria as too time restricted
July 04, 2023 07:49PM
I ran this on my data and found five different birthday and state candidates. I can't really test this difficulty of this challenge without access to other people's data, which I don't have. I have contacted my local reviewer, but I'm not sure what that conversation is going to be about.

I'm just trying to create some unique challenges and not just recycle ones that other people have created. So far I've had four rejected (all of which I am qualified for). Sorry for wasting your time.
July 04, 2023 08:29PM
Here is a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges//79179 for you to work with and ask your local reviewer if he would publish.

I have not attached this checker to the GCcode untill you get approval
July 04, 2023 09:50PM
My reviewer has indicated that their internal Challenge Cache Wiki includes this prohibition under the name "Birthday or Anniversary Challenge":

NOT ACCEPTABLE: Finds of caches on the anniversary of their hidden date.
July 05, 2023 11:39PM
I ran your checker. It finds birthday caches in different states, but it doesn't separate out different birthdays.

For example for birgenfamily, it counts both Nevada and New Hampshire even though they are both 3rd birthdays. I should only have credit for 5/3, not 6/3.

I ran the checker for the Iowa Geocachers Organization's Board of Directors and found that eight out of the nine members qualified for this challenge. So I am optimistic that I can convince my reviewer to back me up.

Thank you for your work on this.
July 09, 2023 10:09PM
My reviewer has denied my request to publish this challenge. Thank you for your effort.

I'll be trying again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login