To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] GC7PKEB - Checker required (all districts of Hannover)

[Cancelled] GC7PKEB - Checker required (all districts of Hannover)
May 12, 2018 07:57PM
Hi,

I would like to create a cache which challenges the finders to find a geocaches in each of the 51 districts of Hannover, the town in Germany. The districts are listed on this wikipedia page
(right column labeled "Stadtteile" ) .

There is a similar challenge for the town of Kiel, Germany here: GC5FH3W so this code could be reused.

Polygons can be provided on request.

Cheers

K.O.H.
Re: GC7PKEB - Checker required (all districts of Hannover)
May 12, 2018 08:04PM
I'm sorry but under the current guidelines ths kind of chalenge is not allowed.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Not acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
May 12, 2018 08:09PM
Hi,

the boundaries of the 51 districts are "offical" parts of Hannover.

My remark that I can provide the polygons on request meant just to say that I can provide the polygon shapes for these if require. I do not make them myself but would extract them from openstreetmap.

Please reconsider.

Cheers

Kai
May 12, 2018 08:34PM
Yes that is the problem because they will be seen by your reviewer as user defined polygons.
For Germany the allowed area's are
region : Bundes Ländern,
counties : Town or Landkreis
May 23, 2018 04:58PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login