To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Icon Milestones Challenge checker needed

[Cancelled] Icon Milestones Challenge checker needed
October 19, 2018 01:38AM
I am looking for a checker based on having 5 different icons (cache types) in the milestone finds list. I have found many examples of caches of this type in various locations (e.g. US and UK) but none have a checker. I plan to add a cache of this type to the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area in the near future (my 5000th find will likely occur before the end of this year and I will be ensuring to get a 5th different icon for that find.

GC7Y40K

(I had made a similar post previously on Oct 1 2018 but it may have ended up as part of a different conversation so I am reposting in the hope that it will work this time) :)
Re: Icon Milestones Challenge checker needed
October 19, 2018 03:07AM
There is one problem, checkers have no access to milestone date directly nor to the website displaying milestones which makes this simple checker impossible to do. There may be other problems too with other guidelines. #14 requires positive challenge criteria and design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches is disallowed.
Re: Icon Milestones Challenge checker needed
October 19, 2018 07:27PM
I'm a half glass full kind of person.... surely asking cachers to find a specific type of cache for a milestone marker is a positive thing (and not a punishment). I know many, many senior cachers who do this !

Aren't milestones on the GC pages... ?
https://www.geocaching.com/my/statistics.aspx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login