To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] GC7Z3F1 - 4 different checkers needed

[Cancelled] GC7Z3F1 - 4 different checkers needed
February 26, 2019 01:50PM
Hi all,

would you please create four different challenge checkers for cache GC7Z3F1?

1) Average log length in words more than 50 words is needed
2) Average log similarity less than 60% is needed
3) At least 5 cache types in a day is needed
4) at least 100 souvenirs is needed

Thank you very much in advance,

Greetings from Germany,
GoSchein
Re: GC7Z3F1 - 4 different checkers needed
February 26, 2019 01:54PM
Only the 4th condition is valid for new challenge caches.
February 27, 2019 08:37AM
Thanks for replying so quickly.

Of course I immediatly checked the guideland (1-14) to understand, why its not allowed.
But I couldnt find the right statement. Could you please explain it to me?

Project GC itself creates those statistic numbers. Therefor I got the idea.
February 27, 2019 09:53AM
1) Average log length in words more than 50 words is needed and 2) Average log similarity less than 60% is needed
See 10. Source of Criteria : (Acceptable}
Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.

3) At least 5 cache types in a day is needed
See 9. Time-Limited (Not acceptable)
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
February 27, 2019 01:52PM
Thanks for replying so quickly.

Please see my comments/questions/suggestions down below:

1) & 2) "Log content", doesnt cleary say what they mean. My challenge is not interested in the content, what they have written, how often they used the word "thank you" or whatever. Its about the amount of words, not the content/meaning of the words. Project GC generates those statistic numbers. Its a positive criteria, challenge appeals,...

3) Its allowed to create a challenge to find every day one cache with a special attribute (every 365 days), but its not allowed to create a challenge to find at least 5 different cache types in one day? (example: GC841G2) What is the difference?
Another example: 3 Multis, 3 Tradis and 3 Mysterys, each bigger than large, have to be found every month in the whole year (GC835M9). Again, whats the difference?

All challenges are possible, not only for cachers with 10.000 caches, but also for some who have only 100 and they make it more attractive to invest more time in the log.

Thx in advance.
February 27, 2019 01:59PM
Please ask your local reviewer if he would publish the challenge or write an appeal to HQ geocaching.

The stats at PGC have nothing to do with challenges. About 50% of those are not allowed under the current guidelines.
We as volunteers are just following the guidelines set by Groundspeak
February 28, 2019 11:38AM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login