To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] New Checker - GCACP3K 2 Difficult Challenge

[Cancelled] New Checker - GCACP3K 2 Difficult Challenge
September 15, 2023 02:40PM
Hello;

I would like to create a new challenge cache to replace GC340CF: 2 Difficult 4 U challenge cache, if that gets archived.

Requirements: The finder will need to have found at least 100 caches, and have a Difficulty average on their D/T grid of at least 2.0.
OR- If they have over 1,000 finds, the previous 500 must average above 2.0

The qualifications will be the same as the old challenge, but previous finders will have to qualify again to earn this smiley. I do qualify, I have kept my D rating above 2 for several years.

Is this even allowed under current guidelines? In a discussion on reddit, the question was raised that this cache would not meet current challenge requirements, since maybe it keeps a person from finding easy caches. I disagree, I think it encourages people to hone their skills, and to try more challenging hides and puzzles. The old cache is found fairly frequently and I know a lot of people have been working toward qualifying. I sent my reviewer a note asking this but he has not responded yet.

I have started the cache listing - GCACP3K - 2 Difficult Challenge.

Thank you for your help!

Jim
BryantsofTR
Re: New Checker - GCACP3K 2 Difficult Challenge
September 15, 2023 03:42PM
Hello BryantsofTR,

I suspect that your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will deny this Challenge on review, citing this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 14: Positive Challenge Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

A "D/T average of at least 2/2" is equivalent to a ratio of at least 1:1 between caches above and below D/T 2/2. Accordingly, I would ask that wait until your local Community Volunteer Reviewer responds before we proceed with the creation of a Challenge Checker for your cache. (I hate to say it, I'm not optimistic: see, for instance, GC76MRZ.)

Thanks,
Hügh
September 18, 2023 01:20PM
Thanks for looking at my request. If I don't hear from him this week, I'll send him a follow up note.

Jim
September 18, 2023 04:30PM
BryantsofTR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for looking at my request. If I don't hear
> from him this week, I'll send him a follow up
> note.
>
> Jim

Please note that if you've asked by posting a reviewer note on the cache page you need to actually send it in for review for your reviewer to see it or email them a link to the cache page.
November 20, 2023 04:26PM
Just to put a cap on this thread, my challenge cache was indeed rejected by my reviewer. And the old cache got archived. So the game is a little less interesting now....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login