To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Long word checker GCAEBHA

[Cancelled] Long word checker GCAEBHA
September 18, 2023 02:10PM
I was hoping to place a challenge which would require geocachers to find ten caches with titles that were fifteen characters or more long. Is this even possible? I'm thinking it might not be but I would like to ask the question just in case someone has an idea about how to possibly do something along this line. Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
mckmarye of MckTeem
Re: Long word checker GCAEBHA
September 18, 2023 02:52PM
Hello MckTeem,

Unfortunately, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.

Thanks,
bmuzzin
September 18, 2023 02:59PM
Thank you for your reply. Can you think of any way to tweak this? So that it might be acceptable?
September 18, 2023 03:45PM
Since the guideline effectively bars you from making reference to cache titles, it's unlikely that there will be any "tweak" that you could do. You'll probably have to pivot to some other element (D/T, country/region/county, favourites, etc.)
September 18, 2023 05:24PM
Gotcha, thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login