To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Problem with Checker for GC764BK

[Resolved] Problem with Checker for GC764BK
July 06, 2017 05:56AM
Please help. A local cacher, Mzblubrd, ran the GC764BK checker before finding my cache and it reported that she qualified. But after she found it and tried to log her find, the checker then said she didn't qualify. First it said she was missing one attribute, then later, including now, it says she is missing a different attribute, the negative short hike attribute. I asked her about it and she told me she had found GC764BK Jeep Quiz #2 which has that missing attribute. I looked up the cache and found that she did find it in 2009 and it does have that attribute although the GC764BK checker says otherwise.

Why is the checker saying she doesn't qualify when she clearly does?

Today, I got another message from another local cacher, Dix1. She has qualified for this exact same challenge on a couple different caches in Kansas. But yet, my checker says that she is missing a couple attributes. Since she has over 32,000 cache finds, it is difficult for her to figure out which of her found caches have those two missing attributes.

Please help.
Re: Problem with Checker for GC764BK
July 06, 2017 02:09PM
Can you look at GC764BK again because that cache has no attributes attached
July 06, 2017 02:16PM
The OP made a mistake with the GC code. It should probably be GCYDD4 Jeep Quiz #2.
July 06, 2017 02:13PM
I might be speaking out of turn, but I suspect line 440 in the script is wrong:

if (cacheCountForAttribute[j] == i) then

must be changed to:

if (cacheCountForAttribute[j] > 0) then

But then I'm new at this, so maybe an old hand can verify my finding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 02:17PM by pieterix. (view changes)
July 06, 2017 02:36PM
I tested with a different script but Mzblubrd did not pass this checker. I think the problem is in the finds of Mzblubrd. I can not do any other test because I am sailing.
July 06, 2017 02:22PM
I'm sorry. Yes. Pieterix is correct. I mistakenly typed the wrong GC Code for the cache found by Mzblubrd that has the missing attribute. It is GCYDD4. It has the attribute that the GC764BK checker says is missing from her profile.
July 18, 2017 11:44PM
Ah, I just figured it out - the cache that Mzblubrd needs to use to qualify has had that attribute added since Project-GC last gathered data from Geocaching.com. You can tell because Mzblubrd's profile stats http://project-gc.com/ProfileStats/Mzblubrd also don't show that attribute as found.

You can try refreshing the Project-GC data for the cache using Support -> Self-support -> enter the GC code and hit Refresh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login