To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Multi checker for GC7C8V3

[Resolved] Multi checker for GC7C8V3
September 20, 2017 08:51PM
Hello,

Could i kindly ask for a challenge checker for GC7C8V3.
The challenge checker is for 75 multi caches found during one day (24 hours/same date)

Hope this is possible. Thank you for your help, time and service.

Regards
Re: Multi checker for GC7C8V3
September 20, 2017 09:24PM
I'm sorry but this is time limited caching which is not acceptable under the new guidelines

Please read the guidelines 2.9. Challenge caches

9. Time-Limited - Not Acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc. (new 2016)
September 20, 2017 10:37PM
Hello again,

Ok.. I have been thinking.
What about making a challnge cache that says that you need a total of 20 diamont BadgeGens to qualify for the cache?
I hope this would be possible to do?

Thank you again.
September 21, 2017 12:24AM
BadgeGens are not easy way as challenge cache criteria must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com and must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com. Some Badges may also use disallowed criteria. For example "The Author" is based on average found log word count which is not allowed source.

You may succeed if you list all allowed badges for your challenge and they are verifiable through information on Geocaching.com.
September 21, 2017 07:57AM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply back.
Did i understand you correctly that i have to pick out the dimond Bagdegens that i would like to have for my challenge, (without the writing one for example)? And it might be doable?

(If this is right ill make another challenge later out from your answer)

But for now i could change the challenge till having logged in total off 28.000 attributes, both with positive and negative attributes. Is this possible?

A big thanks again for the help.

Regards
September 21, 2017 08:22AM
> Did i understand you correctly that i have to pick
> out the dimond Bagdegens that i would like to have
> for my challenge, (without the writing one for
> example)? And it might be doable?

If you make a list of badges and document one by one how they are earned, there should be no problems with the source of criteria. This same documentation is needed for writing the checker. A long list of rules or restrictions may prevent publication. You should consult you local reviewer about this matter.

> But for now i could change the challenge till
> having logged in total off 28.000 attributes, both
> with positive and negative attributes. Is this
> possible?

Attributes are quite acceptable source for challenges. I can do a checker for this criteria.
September 21, 2017 08:29AM
Thank you for quick respons, and the info added.
I will check out more about Badgegens and things around that with my reviewer yes.

And i would be pleased if you could make me the attribute challenge as mentioned above.
Thanks agin. :)

Regards
September 21, 2017 09:25AM
Here is the checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7C8V3/28858

Please test and let us know.
September 21, 2017 04:15PM
All is good, looks good and works good.
Thank you very much for your time, help and effort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login