To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6PNNW Non-Attribute challenge

[Resolved] GC6PNNW Non-Attribute challenge
August 05, 2016 01:47AM
I have a request for a checker for a new challenge. It is to find X number of caches with no attributes added...not even the crossed out ones. Without a checker I cannot tell how many I have found or others so I cannot judge how big X should be. So I assume a checker would be made and then be modified to add the specific number required once I have seen how many. Sorry for the extra step. The cache page listing I have is GC6PNNW.

Some issues that come to mind when I first thought of this:
--This would need to exclude the "Needs Maintenance" attribute as that is not a permanent attribute added by the CO.
--I realize attributes can be added and removed so the cacher would qualify for it at the time they run the checker. As long as they get a positive checker at one time, I'm cool with it.
--At first this sounds like a challenge for a non-accomplishment but I don't see it that way. It doesn't require anyone to change the way they cache or avoid certain caches to qualify. It's the same as finding certain attributes, just the opposite.

Please let me know if this is doable. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 01:51AM by AddHam. (view changes)
Re: GC6PNNW Non-Attribute challenge
August 05, 2016 06:39AM
I can't see a way to check it with existing scripts. Shouldn't be too difficult a script to write, but I won't have time until next week.
August 05, 2016 11:39AM
Okay thanks, no rush.
August 08, 2016 07:04PM
I've created a checker here: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6PNNW
I've set the threshold to 500 caches, (that's a bit below what I have) though you have 1965 so let me know if you want the threshold changed.
August 08, 2016 07:18PM
Thanks for your help. I'd like the requirement raised to 1000. I've checked a few cachers in our area with the checker and most have over 2000. Apparently, i'm the little guy!
August 08, 2016 07:21PM
I've updated the limit so let me know if there are any other changes you want,
August 08, 2016 07:37PM
I think that'll be fine. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login