To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6RN7J - Australian Significant Hike

º
[Resolved] GC6RN7J - Australian Significant Hike
September 08, 2016 03:28AM
Hi There

Thanks for reading this and considering coding the checker. The cache is called GC6RN7J The Australian Significant Hike Challenge and the rules are as followed:

Caches included:
  • Significant Hike Attribute set
  • Traditionals, Multis, Events and Letterboxes only.
  • Only caches in Australia
  • The terrain rating is 3 or more
  • The elevation of the cache listing must be above 1435m
  • No caches you've placed yourself

Sum up the terrain rating stars and if you have 100 or more terrain stars, you qualify for this challenge.

I hope that makes sense - Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Philipp
Re: GC6RN7J - Australian Significant Hike
September 08, 2016 05:03AM
The challenge conditions as written will probably need a new script to be written. If you changed it to a specified number of matching finds rather than the total terrain ratings (which for these conditions would range from 20-34 finds anyway) it should be mostly achievable with existing scripts.

One other condition I wanted to flag with you is the "No cache you've placed yourself". This would be difficult/impossible to check by a script. The two fields available are "owner" and "hidden". "Owner" is the current owner of the cache, so if it's adopted then the field changes. "Hidden" is a free text field and does not necessarily relate to any username.

I'm also curious about the 1435m altitude threshold, as it seems a strange number to use. But that's not an issue for script/tag writing.
º
September 08, 2016 05:43AM
Hi there

Thanks for the reply. I really want to stick to the 100 stars since it incentivises going after high-T caches in some way.

I'm happy if the script just looks up the owner field and excludes caches which match the finder. Adopting caches isn't really an issue in this scenario.

There's a mountain in Victoria which is called Mt Useful and I thought it would be fun to just take an oddball number for a change.

Thanks again :)
º
September 14, 2016 05:52AM
:)-D Tada!

Looks like there is a checker of an archived challenge cache which just needs a tiny bit of tweaking: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4FPPW/17086

So I'm just wondering if changing this part

local tConf = {
	["region"] = "Victoria" ,
	["country"] = "Australia" ,
	["types"] = {"Traditional Cache", "Unknown Cache", "Letterbox Hybrid", "Multi-cache"},
	["terrains"] = {"3", "3.5", "4", "4.5", "5"}
}

to this would do the trick? I'm not sure about the elevation syntax.

local tConf = {
	["elevation"] > "1435" ,
	["country"] = "Australia" ,
	["types"] = {"Traditional Cache", "Event Cache", "Letterbox Hybrid", "Multi-cache"},
	["terrains"] = {"3", "3.5", "4", "4.5", "5"}
}
September 14, 2016 08:29AM
No, it won't be as simple as that. However, that script would be a good starting point.
º
September 15, 2016 11:41PM
Louise fixed it :) (tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)

>> can be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6RN7J/22709
September 15, 2016 11:46PM
Cool. Archiving.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login