To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6N55W Challenge #12: 1000 funn i Nordland

[Resolved] GC6N55W Challenge #12: 1000 funn i Nordland
July 10, 2016 07:56AM
I had a challenge yesterday that i didnt get a approval from the norwegian reviewer:
Here is the tread when i asked for a checker:
http://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,2150

It was called: GC6N55W Challenge #12: 250 funn i Narvik kommune (in english: Found 250 caches in Narvik municipality)

vogelbird made a checker: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6N55W/21860

The reason not for approval was municapality was to narrow. But i'm allowed to make one for the county Nordland

Is it possible to delete that checker and make a new one:

Found 1000 caches in Nordland county
Re: GC6N55W Challenge #12: 1000 funn i Nordland
July 10, 2016 08:15AM
Strange was the problem that there was to few caces/people with enough finds?

Because guideline 10 acceptable explicitly allow counties as area for a challenge

Challenge cache criteria may be based upon these geographic areas: countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent).
July 10, 2016 08:21AM
Had over 20 people who qulified for the challenge.
The answer from the reviewer: the smallest unit allowed was counties, not municipality
I also used the guideline #10 for my case, so i think its kinda strange. Nothing more i could do.

Hopefully someone can make me a new challenge for Nordland county
July 10, 2016 08:33AM
July 10, 2016 08:35AM
Perfect, superb work and fast again.
July 10, 2016 08:49AM
I suspect the rewiever has misinterpreted the geographical levels.
countries, states/provinces, counties
will be
Land, fylke, kommune
in Norway.
The Swedish levels are
Land, län, kommun
and the levels are quite equivalent in both countries

I see the fylke is translated into county on wikipedia but should be treated as a states/provinces/region on gc.com. If you look at the data fields on gc.com the one with fylke is the states/provinces/region

The county will correspond to kommune.
At least that is how Swedish reviewer interprets it.
And that is how the pgc/gsak database is build.
I assume that gc.com looked the the fields for that rules. It was created because of request for caches limit by custom polygons by me and others. It is created with the knowledge that county data is not listed for the caches on gc.com

http://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCompare?profile_name=Target.&country=Norway&region=Nordland&county=Narvik&nonefound=on&bothfound=on&ownfound=on&submit=Filter

I would ask the reviewer again. It would be strange with that difference between Sweden and Norway for challenges
And if you look at the gpx Nordland is in the state field and sould be treated as that level
July 10, 2016 08:53AM
I agreement, but now i have got the challenge with 1000 caches in Nordland county accepted and published.
I can send the reviewer a note on this thread
October 28, 2016 02:54PM
Got a answer from a norwegian reviewer today.
The case have been discussed at Groundspeak and the answer is positive for us, we are allowed to make a challenge with a county or in norwegian a kommune.

Will make one for Harstad.
Så Target you are right in the text above, the norwegian reviewers will approve it now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login