To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6X3NX - 77.7 per cent mystery challenge

ZQX
[Resolved] GC6X3NX - 77.7 per cent mystery challenge
November 30, 2016 09:44AM
Hi there,
I'm interested in creating a challenge cache, and I was hoping someone associated with project-gc would be able to assist me.
The challenge is to fill 63 of the 81 cells in the difficulty/terrain grid with caches only of the unknown type (also known as mystery caches or puzzle caches). The 63 cells can be any of the 81 possible cells. There just have to be at least 63 different cells filled.
The puzzle caches can be from anywhere within Australia.
Many people have filled their D/T grid, but I suspect it's a lot harder to fill the D/T grid with just one type of cache.
I qualify for this challenge, with exactly 63 out of 81 at the moment.
I've kept up to date with the changes in the challenge checker guidelines and I think this challenge is acceptable under the new guidelines.
As getting to 63 using just Australian mystery caches is quite challenging, I'll be making this cache a D 4.5 at least, if the challenge is acceptable and a checker can be written.
Regards,
Max (ZQX)
Re: GC6X3NX - 77.7 per cent mystery challenge
November 30, 2016 10:19AM
Yes, thats possible:
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6X3NX/23696
Please check, whether this is what you want.
November 30, 2016 10:20AM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6X3NX/23695

This is a script output which list your finds if you qualify

Just confirm which of the two you are going to use !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2016 10:26AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
ZQX
November 30, 2016 09:21PM
Wow! That was quick! Thanks to both of you for the rapid response.
I like the look of the output from http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6X3NX/23696, because it gives me a 9x9 grid where I can easily see what I'm missing. So I would like to use that one.
But...
It turns out that I'm one cache short of my own challenge after all. I don't know if I miscounted or if someone has changed a D/T rating on a mystery cache that I'd found. Either way, I'll work to fill that gap in the next few weeks so that this challenge is all legit. In other words, I want to complete this challenge as a top priority.
In the mean time, I'll do some reading on how to get the checker link onto the cache page.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Max (ZQX)
November 30, 2016 09:34PM
23695 is removed
November 30, 2016 10:23PM
On the checker page, click on the button "Link", then you'll get the HTML-code for the link, which you can use in the cache listing.
ZQX
November 30, 2016 11:03PM
Got it. Thanks. I used the recommended one with the image. Looks good on the cache page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login