To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker for BINGO challenge?

[Resolved] Checker for BINGO challenge?
December 31, 2016 02:42PM
Is it possible to make a checker that checks a bingo card for correct combinations vertically, horisontally and/or diagonally? I have found "Bingo challenge"-checkers which checks the D/T-matrix, but not any checkers that check for "BINGO" if you have a certain number of events, tree climbing finds, uploaded log photos, etc. I'm talking a checker that searches through multiple statistical data and combines them.
In my mind this is to complicated for a checker, but maybe anyone here can convince me otherwise?

Thanks for any answer! Happy new year! :-)
Re: Checker for BINGO challenge?
January 11, 2017 10:16PM
Yes, it is possible. I've written a script (more specifically, I've modified someone else's script to add this functionality among others).
January 14, 2017 09:44PM
Hi.
We have made a bingo board with different combinations. Everything is data/info from geocaching.com / project-gc.com. We do of course meet the requirements ourselves. The cache is GC6Z949.

Do you think this can be done? A millions thanks in advance! :-)
January 14, 2017 10:01PM
It might be possible. Please provide the full requirement list and I'll be able to tell you for sure.
January 14, 2017 10:10PM
Do you want me to send you the 12 different combinations, or what do you mean?
January 14, 2017 10:16PM
All of the information I know about this challenge is what you have posted here. Since it is unpublished, I have no way to see what you may have put onto the cache page. Without seeing what all of the sub-challenges are, I have no way to even tell you if it can be done, let alone do it.
January 14, 2017 10:24PM
Can you email us your email address, I will send you the bingo card. Or would you like me to upload it here? :-)
Our email is cachefred@hotmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 10:29PM by FREDskorpset. (view changes)
January 14, 2017 11:48PM
I'm a reviewer, so I can see your draft cache listing.

For BINGO challenges, each of the squares must be an eligible challenge subject. At least three of your squares don't qualify. I'd recommend studying your BINGO card against the Challenge Cache guidelines, or discussing with your local Community Volunteer Reviewer, before having a checker programmed.

1. "Busy Day" challenges (X number of cache types in a day) are not allowed.
  2. Challenges that rely on the user's home coordinates are not allowed.
  3. Challenges based on the identity of the cache owner (X caches by the same CO) are not allowed.
January 14, 2017 10:24PM
Our mail address i cachefred@hotmail.com
January 16, 2017 10:49PM
Completed via email (as the CO wanted to keep the details less public)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login