To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker Request GC7FVH1 7x7 checkers combined

[Resolved] Checker Request GC7FVH1 7x7 checkers combined
December 08, 2017 09:51PM
Hello,

It it possible to create a checker for seven challenges combined?
1) Seven different cache types found
2) Seven different cache sizes found
3) Seven different difficulty ratings found
4) Seven different terrain ratings found
5) Seven different states found (our countries if that is easier, but I don't want to make the challenge to difficult)
6) Seven caches with at least seven attributes
7) Seven caches with at least seven favourites

Preferably I would like all those caches to be different, so 49 caches in total.

I know enough lua to write custom code for wherigo's. I'm willing to write checkers myself if it's more efficient for you to give me an explanation about the checker system, than write this one for me.

Greetings Toni
Re: Checker Request GC7FVH1 7x7 checkers combined
December 10, 2017 02:11AM
Here is the checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7FVH1/30664

"States" are actually "regions" which are not "states" at all in every country.
I can change the criteria for "country" if it is a better choise.

Please tell us whether it is suitable for you.
December 10, 2017 06:48AM
The checker does not take the following condition
Preferably I would like all those caches to be different, so 49 caches in total. 

This was the main reason why a new script was needed
December 10, 2017 09:33AM
Oops...

Fortunately it is only "preferred" feature ;)

It is possible to add uniqueness feature to the script but it takes for a while.
December 10, 2017 11:27AM
> It is possible to add uniqueness feature to the
> script but it takes for a while.

If you can add the uniqueness in a few days, please add it. If it will take you more than a week, I'm happy with this checker (That's the reason it was a "preferred" feature: Only implement it if it doesn't take too much time!)

> "States" are actually "regions" which are not "states" at all in every country.

I had the impression the field name was called "state", "regions" are indeed a much better name as the are called provinces in The Netherlands and Belgium and Bundeslander in Germany. Regions are fine.

Thank you.
December 10, 2017 12:13PM
I have planned to rewrite this checker at some day and this feature could be a good reason to start this project, but uniqueness is not easy to implement because it is necessary that it can find also the worst case solution in given cpu-time slot. It could take more than couple of days.

Quick and dirty way could be to change requirement so that for each sub challenge only the seven oldest qualifying finds must be used so there is no need to change them afterwards when going forward to the next sub challenge. This could be is an easy and determined solution because every listed cache only gets excluded. My proposal is to change description this way: "In the given order for every sub challenge the seven oldest unique finds must be used."
December 10, 2017 06:16PM
> My proposal is to change description this way: "In the given order for every sub challenge the seven oldest unique finds must be used."

I'm fine with that. I assume, because you propose it, you know that this description isn't too complex and still folows

"The challenge requirements should be simple, and easy to explain, follow and document. A long list of rules or restrictions may prevent publication."
December 10, 2017 07:24PM
> I'm fine with that. I assume, because you propose
> it, you know that this description isn't too
> complex and still folows

Sometimes the simplest things are hardest to explain :)

I will add this feature to the current checker so we can see how it actually works.
December 10, 2017 11:02PM
Good news. You will still pass the challenge with the refined stipulations.

The result is 49 unique caches. Caches listed in the first sub challenge are excluded from all following challenges and then it continues to the next sub challenge at the same way until all sub challenges are checked. Caches will be listed in the same order as you have logged them found, meaning the oldest is the first.
December 11, 2017 08:43PM
Great, thank you very much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login