To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Need a checker for GC7NR83

[Awaiting feedback] Need a checker for GC7NR83
June 22, 2018 11:46PM
Good evening,

I am looking for a checker that will confirm if a cacher has completed ALL the following requirements:

1. have found a cache for a minimum of 365 consecutive days

2. have found a cache on each day of the year (does not have to be consecutive)

3. have found a cache placed on each day of the year

4. have completed their Fizzy

5. have completed their JASMER

Please advise if this is possible.

Thank you,

CanThai
Re: Need a checker for GC7NR83
June 23, 2018 10:00AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7NR83/35771

Please test and let us know.
June 23, 2018 12:06PM
I ran a cloned checker using Test Checker Cache GC7RKDA. I works well to get the green light (successful checks).

Where it is not quite accurate is for the 365 day streak. If this is the condition for not being qualified, then it looks like the checker lists the current streak instead of the longest streak.

Can the checker be modified to list the "longest streak" in the challenge checker response?

Thanks.

CanThai
June 23, 2018 12:18PM
I don't think the script has the ability to list the longest instead of the last streak (in cases of failure). I've actually been delving into this code for another challenge and I'm still trying to find out what makes it tick. I can say this right now: your request will not be a trivial modification of the script.
June 23, 2018 12:36PM
Thanks for the quick response.

I will put a note to my cache page to state :

"If the challenge checker is not positive due to your longest streak not being at least 365 days, then the checker may display your current streak. Once you have a streak of 365 days or more, the checker will show your longest streak."

It works for the ones that qualify, the ones that do not qualify for any reason other than the longest streak, only "issue" is this one but I can go around it.

Again thank you for the quick work.

CanThai
June 24, 2018 12:54AM
I have submitted my challenge for final review and received this comment regarding Condition 2:

"Also I think the checker still requires 366 days for 2 - the tags show:

"func": "calendar",
"conf": {
"needed": 366,
"leapday": "allow"

You can allow leapday but needed should be 365 not 366

Enable again when fixed and it can be published on the 26th

CacheMinder - Ontario Volunteer Reviewer

Would it be possible to change the "needed" to 365 instead of 366?

Apart from this little issue, the rest words perfectly.

Thank you,

CanThai
June 24, 2018 08:11AM
I suspect the reviewer doesn't understand what "leapday allow" means. This means that it'll attempt for 366 days but if you don't have a find on 29 February the "leapday allow" will skip it, effectively changing the 366 into 365 days when someone doesn't have a find on 29 February. In other words, it doesn't enforce leap day finds, but will still show it if you do have entries on leap day.
June 24, 2018 09:07PM
Thank you for all the efforts. Cache has been accepted and will be published soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login